Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Budget-ish kitchen remodel...appliance recs?

Posted by mjsee (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 7, 12 at 18:45

Trying to keep the appliance budget at/under 5K. I want a french door fridge (ice through the door not needed), a 30" slide in gas (or dual fuel) range, and a dishwasher. (Going to do an above the range hood, but that's not part of this budget.) Recommendations? I'm thinking I'll be doing stainless (because there are more choices)...and my kitchen contractor (who is a Miele dealer) has recommended that I go to Sears.

So--I'm listening! I know y'all have opinions...please share!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Budget-ish kitchen remodel...appliance recs?

Samsung RFG293HARS $1721

JD ranks Samsung #1 for FD fridges 5 years in a row.

http://www.appliancesconnection.com/i154775-samsung-appliance-rfg293hars.html

Maytag MDB4709AWS Dishwasher $399

It will clean dishes and does not look to shabby in SS.

http://www.pcrichard.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=73973&parentCategoryId=7&categoryId=1020&subCategoryId=1020010120

BlueStar 30" RCS304BV1 $2899

Crown Jewel of the kitchen. Cooks like champ.

Total $5019 delivered.

Here is a link that might be useful: BlueStar Link

o

I'll have to look into those! I'm not all that comfy buying appliances from ebay...I prefer to buy local...but I'll see what comes close at our local appliance places. (Sears, independent center, etc.)

Thank you!
Melanie

o

Don't forget about the range hood, a nice one (that you will need if you get a chef-style range) will run you back another 1,000 at least. We had a similar budget, and ended up with a GE Cafe range, a Bosch 800 plus dishwasher, a 600 CFM electrolux hood, and an LG french door refrigerator for a total cost of around 5,500. You can save some money with a cheaper DW, but we wanted something whisper quiet as I'm fed up with how loud our current one is...

o

Looks like we are going to bump the budget up a bit...for the hood. I did some quick research--so far all the hoods I've really liked are north of 1K. (Stove is on an interior wall so we will be venting through the attic--benefit of a ranch house!) I've all but decided on an Electrolux range. Not quite certain which model...but with my wonky back those glide out racks SOLD me. Only $100 difference between the dual fuel and the all-gas...so that's still in the debate. I don't bake much...but I DO roast quite a bit.

Definitely going with a Samsung refrigerator...we saw a nice one at sears that has all the features we want and no ice/water through the door (which I don't want) so that will be our refrigerator. (Sorry I don't have the model number at hand.)

DW is still in play.

I've got more research to do on hoods...I'll be back for opinions then!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here