Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
opinions requested - appliances for remodel

Posted by cookingbuff (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 5, 13 at 18:32

I am making my appliance decisions and would love feedback- positive or negative. Here goes:

240 GE advantium
Electrolux wall oven
Electrolux counter depth french door refrig, no external water, ICON or QTouch?
36" wolf induction cooktop

If you have had some bad experience with an appliance, please let me know. I have read about the porcelain flaking on the electrolux oven, but I haven't come up with a good alternative since the oven is underneath the advantium, and next to the elux frig, and I would like the handles to somewhat "match" . Also, I hope that electrolux have fixed the problem on the new ones. I am using a 6 mo old kitchen aid dishwasher.

Comments welcome!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: opinions requested - appliances for remodel

I've had my Elux double wall oven since 9/2011, and I've self-cleaned it a few times. No flaking. No problems. Love it.

o

I think I responded over in Kitchens
I have the 240 Advantium - works great.
I have the Wolf 36 inch cooktop - it does have some minor buzzing but works great - love the finish textured look - what it is missing - and some like this option - timers for each burner that shut off when done.
I also have a Elux FD fridge - love it - it is 3-4 years old. It does have the LED lights and the perfect temp drawer.

I have the Wolf e series oven but 3/4 match.

You mentioned your appliance dealer thought you should get all GE so they match - how does this look - 3 different appliances (and a DW on the other side is Miele)

photo IMG_7309.jpg

o

a2gemini- I think your appliances look great together! I was thinking of getting the wolf oven too, but hear they are coming out with the M series, then I read about some porcelain chipping so I decided to go with the elux oven (even tho some are having problems with chipping) since the elux frig will be right next to my ovens and the handles will match. Do you have the Icon Pro frig? I think the handles might be a bit more like the advantium. I need to make this decision by this week-end!

o

Mine is just the elux fridge.
I feel your concern.
I was all set to go with elux icon ovens when I heard about chipping porcelain. And then saw the Advantium demo plus wolf was having a sale. So went with wolf and now hearing wolf gas the same problem...
Hoping mine is ok - 1 year and crossing my fingers.

I love the icon oven with those wonderful racks- can't tell you how they bake but loved the appearance.

Good luck on your decision. Definitely let us know your decision and pictures downstream.

o

i think you should talk to a local appliance repair company. and i know a perfect one that is factory authorized to fix all the appliances you listed above. you should contact Active Appliances.

Here is a link that might be useful: Appliance Repair Services

o

i think you should talk to a local appliance repair company. and i know a perfect one that is factory authorized to fix all the appliances you listed above. you should contact Active Appliances.

Here is a link that might be useful: Appliance Repair Services

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here