Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Recommend a $2k wall oven please?

Posted by SeaKoz (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 4, 12 at 18:31

Hi Folks,

I'm looking for a wall oven in the $2k range (really top end). I was really interested in the KA KEBS107S but after hearing negative things about KA ovens I thought I'd ask here if there's something better.

I'm not looking for anything fancy, we don't bake much, and don't really roast much.

Things I want:
1. Convection
2. At least one glide rack
3. Stainless Steel

I'll be pairing this with either a 30" BlueStar or a 30" Culinarian range.

My thoughts right now are to take a closer look at the GE Cafe wall oven CT918STSS.

Thanks and as always your collective wisdom is greatly appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Recommend a $2k wall oven please?

We just ordered the double oven version of the Electolux wave touch. Several users on here give the Elux ovens great reviews (Gary!). I think the single is right around $2k.

o

I've researched this for months now (though now have decided to go with a larger duel fuel range)- absolutely the Electolux ($1999). Do a search on the forums- lots of good reviews, two or three glide out racks, convection. Good luck!!

o

Do you live any where near New York City?

There is a 24" Gaggenau for $1500 but local pickup only.

Below is a refurbished L Series Wolf 30" Oven for $1700 plus $130 delivery.

Here is a link that might be useful: Link

o

Heh, I'm about as far from NYC as you can get, in the great city of Seattle.

o

We went with Fridgidaire Gallery. So far we've been very happy. Its around $1800.

o

I would first ask why do you want convection? Do yo want true convection(also called European or third element convection) mainly useful when your oven is really full or would just an oven with a fan be Ok? You might not need to spend that much if you don't need the electronics.

That being said, in the 2K range, I would look at Electrolux. I have had one for almost 4 years and it is bakes and roasts very well. Any brand can have problem, but it seems if anyone has had problems,on these boards, that Electrolux has been very responsive. I also have a Wolf oven in my range and you would be hard pressed to find much difference in performance. The Electrolux does have a lot of different baking and roasting modes and consequently some electronics.

I personally would be hesitant to buy the refurbished unit, without a factory warranty mentioned above due to the electronics. They can be very expensive to fix. If you buy an oven with electronics, I would buy the extended warranty, unless you have somebody that can work on it.

o

Gaggenau and Miele make ovens that meet your requirements in roughly that price range. If you're in Seattle it's worth (a) looking in at Almvig's and Albert Lee (b) paying attention to Craigslist. I got an unused Gaggenau locally at less than half price.

o

We have a double Elux and love it. Do you have room for a double oven?

Billy

o

Like billy, we have a double Elux. And, yes, then can be had for <$2,000 if you look - for example, Sears Outlet.

o

I'm not sure I want a double unit, I'm pairing it with a Blue Star or CC because I really want the infrared broiler. This would mean I'd have 3 ovens which seems like overkill.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here