Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sea_koz

Recommend a $2k wall oven please?

sea_koz
11 years ago

Hi Folks,

I'm looking for a wall oven in the $2k range (really top end). I was really interested in the KA KEBS107S but after hearing negative things about KA ovens I thought I'd ask here if there's something better.

I'm not looking for anything fancy, we don't bake much, and don't really roast much.

Things I want:

1. Convection

2. At least one glide rack

3. Stainless Steel

I'll be pairing this with either a 30" BlueStar or a 30" Culinarian range.

My thoughts right now are to take a closer look at the GE Cafe wall oven CT918STSS.

Thanks and as always your collective wisdom is greatly appreciated!

Comments (10)

• cottonpenny
    11 years ago

We just ordered the double oven version of the Electolux wave touch. Several users on here give the Elux ovens great reviews (Gary!). I think the single is right around $2k.

• secondhalf
    11 years ago

I've researched this for months now (though now have decided to go with a larger duel fuel range)- absolutely the Electolux ($1999). Do a search on the forums- lots of good reviews, two or three glide out racks, convection. Good luck!!

• deeageaux
    11 years ago

Do you live any where near New York City?

There is a 24" Gaggenau for $1500 but local pickup only.

Below is a refurbished L Series Wolf 30" Oven for $1700 plus $130 delivery.

Here is a link that might be useful: Link

• sea_koz
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Heh, I'm about as far from NYC as you can get, in the great city of Seattle.

• Shira S
    11 years ago

We went with Fridgidaire Gallery. So far we've been very happy. Its around $1800.

• wekick
    11 years ago

I would first ask why do you want convection? Do yo want true convection(also called European or third element convection) mainly useful when your oven is really full or would just an oven with a fan be Ok? You might not need to spend that much if you don't need the electronics.

That being said, in the 2K range, I would look at Electrolux. I have had one for almost 4 years and it is bakes and roasts very well. Any brand can have problem, but it seems if anyone has had problems,on these boards, that Electrolux has been very responsive. I also have a Wolf oven in my range and you would be hard pressed to find much difference in performance. The Electrolux does have a lot of different baking and roasting modes and consequently some electronics.

I personally would be hesitant to buy the refurbished unit, without a factory warranty mentioned above due to the electronics. They can be very expensive to fix. If you buy an oven with electronics, I would buy the extended warranty, unless you have somebody that can work on it.

• colin3
    11 years ago

Gaggenau and Miele make ovens that meet your requirements in roughly that price range. If you're in Seattle it's worth (a) looking in at Almvig's and Albert Lee (b) paying attention to Craigslist. I got an unused Gaggenau locally at less than half price.

• billy_g
    11 years ago

We have a double Elux and love it. Do you have room for a double oven?

Billy

• ex007
    11 years ago

Like billy, we have a double Elux. And, yes, then can be had for

• sea_koz
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I'm not sure I want a double unit, I'm pairing it with a Blue Star or CC because I really want the infrared broiler. This would mean I'd have 3 ovens which seems like overkill.