Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Refrigerator Review / Advice - KA KSCS25FVMS

Posted by rdw829 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 21, 12 at 18:24

We're looking at the KA KSCS25FVMS - a S x S which is being discontinued, so we would get the floor model. We were trying to keep our appliance budget in the range of $3k to $3500, so getting the floor model would help us keep the total budget, but get a KA instead of Frigidaire Gallery. Also looking at Bosch. (need fridge, range, OTR MW and DW).

Opinions on this fridge - and what would be a good price for it?

Or should we continue to think about the other two brands I mentioned?

We are in our freezer a lot, and I hate the thought of digging through a bottom freezer, so we have decided to stick with S x S. Currently have an Amana S x S that cane with our house, so prob. about 18 years old (and falling apart). Water / ice in the door is also a feature we'd like to keep.

Opinions / advice greatly welcomed!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Refrigerator Review / Advice - KA KSCS25FVMS

Mix and match brands to get the best value for your money.

KA has the best refrigerator of the three brands you are looking at.

Bosch SxS freestanding refrigerators are made by Daewoo in Mexico. It is a Korean design, the only thing German about it is the name.

The KA KSCS25FVMS new is about $2250. A good condition no scracthes floor model should be in the $1700-$1800 range.

If it has a very obvious scratch in front $1400-$1500.

o

Thanks! I have quotes for $2k and $2299 and have been told I need to decide ASAP b/c the floor models will be gone. And now told check or cash only at one place.

Would you look elsewhere?

o

Do you have a Sears outlet near you?

They carry this item in the $1300-$2000 range.

$2k is in the box unopened.

o

Thanks! I checked Sears Outlet, but the ones that have the model are nowhere near me, and I'm nervous about taking an opened one without being able to check it out personally.

Wondering why the appliance store is representing $2k as such an amazing deal? Also not loving the cash only aspect.

o

Do not ever pay cash for anything (even with a debit card). Unless you're talking about a small amount of money - or an illegal substance :). If you get screwed - you will have no easy recourse. A good credit card company can give you a lot of protection. Robyn

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here