Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mtc1_gw

combi oven / in-counter steamer question

mtc1
11 years ago

In planning wall space for our future kitchen, I'm trying to figure out if we will both be able to use the combi at the same time or if we need an additional appliance so we can eat together. I am a vegetarian and my husband is a meat eater. We currently need to wait turns to cook, or even just to reheat leftovers, so my veggies don't smell like fish or meat. I have heard if you steam there is no flavor transfer, but do you know if is true if using a combination of steam and traditional heat?

I don't want to waste money for a second combi, but if it will really be that great of an oven for us, it's worth the one time expense if i means we can cook together.

My second question is about an in-counter steamer. Does anyone know what, if anything, it does better or as well as the combi, or would you always chose the combi and skip it. I'm just trying to figure out if we can't use the combi together, would it be better to get the in counter steamer or two combis. I can't even believe I'm considering this but that is the worst part about eating for us.. our food is never hot at the same time.

Comment (1)