Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any experience with Kitchenaid Proline ranges and dishwashers?

Posted by janitor53 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 9, 14 at 18:15

Specifically looking at the models KGSS907PSS for the range and KDTE404DPSS for the dishwasher. They are the stainless models with the "pro-style" handle.
Looking to replace my old, white appliances with these and really having a tough time making some decisions. The range looks like it "might" be underpowered in the burner area with only one semi-powerful burner. Any thoughts on either of these appliances?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any experience with Kitchenaid Proline ranges and dishwashers

I recently bought the dishwasher, and love it so far! Super quiet, and it has a heated dry setting so dishes come out dry as well as clean! :)
I can't help you on the range, as I have a Bluestar, which I could not live without....

o

I have the dishwasher as well. Agree with ctycdm, it is VERY quiet. I pretty much wash my dishes before loading the DW, so I can't comment on how well it cleans. It does dry them nicely, though! The little covers on the flatware containers that allow you to keep the pieces separated are a bit of a pain and have a tendency to fall off. And don't be fooled into thinking the DW has a stainless steel interior, as it is just stainless-colored plastic (retracted: the tub is stainless, the door is plastic).

This post was edited by jellytoast on Wed, Jun 11, 14 at 19:40

o

Stainless colored plastic? That's a new one. You sure about that?

Prewashing or even just prerinsing is not only a waste of water, it can lead to permanent etching.

o

Stainless colored plastic? That's a new one. You sure about that?

I thought I was, but I went in and looked again. The interior of the door appears to be stainless colored plastic, at least that's what it looks and feels like. The tub itself feels different and is stainless steel according to their website.

o

I just purchased the KA freestanding range and can say its a disappointment. The burners just dont work well and over all it seems cheaply made. The service tech is coming out due to a scratch on the range and the fact that the knobs get burning hot anytime you use the over for over 30 mins. I think you have many more options at a nice range given the amount you want to spend.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here