Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toddimt

Miele Futura - Comparison Chart Attached

toddimt
12 years ago

I see Miele is slow to update the website listing the new models and features. I called Princeton and had them mail me the Futura Brochure. Got it today and posting the comparison chart so you can see the models and avail features.

Comments (14)

• fauguy
    12 years ago

Thanks.
    I haven't had time to go to the Miele showroom in Boca since I've been busy, but they've got them installed last week.
    From the comparison table, it looks like the Dimension and Diamond are the only two with the 3D Cutlery Tray.

Based on the Q1-Q5 sound ratings, it seems that the Crystal model is the replacement to my Diamante since both are Q2, the Classic is the replacement of the Inspira with Q1, the Dimension is the replacement to the Optima at Q3, there is no Q4 Excella, and the Diamond is the replacement to the La Perla with Q5.

Makes me wish I could have waited another year to get one of these instead of the Diamante last summer.

• mawrter
    12 years ago

Thank you so much for posting this, todds! I am 90% ready to order a Crystal this week - the sales person (owner? a local indie authorized service dealer) told me that yes, as fauguy says, it's comparable to the Diamante.

• fauguy
    12 years ago

mawrter,

How much are they selling the Crystal and Dimension for? If it's not a lot more, I'd go with the Dimension since it has the upgraded baskets and the 3D cutlery tray.

• deeageaux
    12 years ago

How much are they selling the Crystal and Dimension for? If it's not a lot more, I'd go with the Dimension since it has the upgraded baskets and the 3D cutlery tray.

It is about $300 more.

• mawrter
    12 years ago

I have to check - I gave the back of the envelope that I scribbled the #s on to my husband, who apparently ate it. Deeageaux (D. E. Eageaux?) sounds about right.

• fauguy
    12 years ago

When I got the Diamante ($1400) last summer, it would have been about $300 more to go to the Optima ($1700). At that time, I didn't think it was worth it, as the only "noticeable" difference was the split cutlery tray (where the left side can come out for tall glasses) and the display on the front was angled up. Going from Q2 (Diamante) to Q3 (Optima) of sound level wasn't that big of a deal. So that's why I went with the Diamante.

But if I were to buy the new Futura models, I might splurge the extra $300 and go with the Dimension since the lower two baskets are better, and it has the 3D cutlery rack (which I think is pretty cool). It also has the Sensory Dry and the new Intensive wash mode, which I think is for dishes/pots/pans that have heavy baked/dried-on food. So for $300, I think all those options together may be worth it.

The jump from the Dimension to the Diamond is probably around $1000, so I wouldn't go that far unless you're well-off can can afford "the best" money can buy. The Diamond does add the cool LED lights on the inside, the auto-open/close door, Q5 sound level, and a ton more wash programs that anyone would ever use (just like the La Perla).

• toddimt
    Original Author
    12 years ago

My question is what is the noise level difference between Q4 and Q5? Not that I know the difference between any of the Q sound ratings.

• hpxmirage
    12 years ago

Since our house build isn't ready for the appliances yet, I believe that fauguy's logic works for us: we'll upgrade our order from the Diamante Plus to the Dimension.

And since our house build has gone on far longer than we planned, we've become somewhat innoculated to the impact of changes that result in cost increases above our builder's initial allowance.

Compared to what we've coughed up out of pocket for HVAC, cabinetry and other items, a few hundred dollars more for a nicer dishwasher is a pleasant change. :-)

Still, these are good problems to have, and we're grateful to have them. Happy Independence Day!

• fauguy
    12 years ago

You have to look at the Miele UK site to see the real dB sound ratings. For some reason, they use this silly Q1-Q5 rating for their US market that doesn't really make sense. Last year, I heard the Inspira Q1 and Excella Q4 in use at the local Miele showroom, and there was a little sound difference that was noticeable, but it wasn't "oh my God, drastic". All they do it add extra or more dense insulation on the font, sides, and top. They all use the same motors and spray arms, so it's the insulation that makes it quieter.

The Futura Diamond has an "Extra Quiet" wash program, which I believe uses lower water pressure to wash, so it's not as loud, but takes longer.

• whirlpool_trainee
    12 years ago

The Extra Quiet cycle, on the European units with European programming, runs for 4:35 hrs at 38 dB. Regular cycles are 41 dB on the TOL dishwasher.

• whirlpool_trainee
    12 years ago

Miele Canada already has the Interactive Tour online. Have not seen it on the US home page.

Here is a link that might be useful: Take the tour

• deeageaux
    12 years ago

So they did an Extra Queit cycle to beat Bosch's 40 db on the Evolution 800 Plus? LOL

• deeageaux
    12 years ago

At least in Canada,it looks like they have a Sapphire model to replace the Excella.

I have always thought that if you are spending Excella money might as well get the La Perla.

• whirlpool_trainee
    12 years ago

Bosch introduced a 38 dB dishwasher about a year ago - without a dedicated cycle.