Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Noisy fans in a Wolf oven

Posted by cherylspenc (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 13, 12 at 17:54

I have just purchased a 30" Wolf E Series single oven. Both the convection fans and cooling fan were noisy when it was installed. Service came out and replaced all of the fans. The vibration we were gettng from the convection fans has stopped, but the cooling fan is still extremely noisy to me. It is loud enough to make me want to leave the kitchen when it comes on. It is about a loud as our previous 14-year old dishwasher was, and we didn't stay in the kitchen when that ran either. Is it normal for the cooling fan on a Wolf E series to be this loud?

Are there any other comparable ovens that are known for having quiet fans?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Noisy fans in a Wolf oven

Fans move air, so you have noise and some people are more sensitive to this and even the frequencies of noise from a given motor. My sister's husband had a very hard time getting a vacuum cleaner because has noise sensitivity issues with almost all of them. Have you had convection before? It is much louder than a conventional oven. The fans in my ovens E-lux and Wolf are both louder than my dishwasher. If it bothers you maybe you can run it without convection, The fan will shut off after it heats. My E-lux is a little quieter maybe because it only has one fan-the Wolf has two fans.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here