Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sherylj_gw

New Miele Combi-Steam Oven

SherylJ
9 years ago

I've heard that Miele is coming out on July 1 with a new model of their combi-steam oven with an internal temp. probe. Does anyone know what the price of this new model will be? And do you think the current model (without probe) will drop in price July 1 when the new model comes out? I'm in the middle of my remodel, holding off on this last purchase. But I know Miele is offering a free extended warranty of 5 years on the existing model if you buy before June 30. If I knew the price wasn't dropping, i'd definitely go for this over the probe. But I'll feel really stupid if I buy it now and then before I'm even able to use it, the price drops significantly. So if anyone here has any insider knowledge, I'd love to hear it!

Comments (13)

• brightm
    9 years ago

If I'd read this a couple hours ago, I would have asked. I went to the Miele design center today. I'm in the market for a speed oven, not steam. Here's what I got on speedovens.

M-touch is the new top of the line. The speedoven is $3299. It has the swipe screen. The item number was 6700 IIRC. She said its available to order now. I saw the brochure on the 5year warranty and she said the new items will come with that after 6/30 as well.

There will be a mid-model that I took to be similar to the current Master Chef. I think it was called Sensor Touch or Sensor Tronic or something. It won't be available until the fourth quarter of 2014 and there aren't even pics or specs. I want to say it was 6500 model.

There was a spec sheet for the model with the dial. It was the same price as the current model with the dial and is also available to order now. I want to say it was 6100.

I don't know about price drop on existing models.

I know it wasn't steam ovens, but maybe there is something helpful in there.

• saeyedoc
    9 years ago

Just found this online, doesn't list prices, some good pics. http://www.cozystylishchic.com/2014/04/miele-combi-steam-oven-in-truffle-brown/

• SherylJ
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you both! It looks from those pics that the new model will be available in black, which is great news for me. Our new Capital Culinarian range is black! I'm going to call Miele to get some details, but I'm fearing big sticker shock. I hope it's not going to be wildly more expensive than the current model. Because now I really want a black one...

• schicksal
    9 years ago

Wish there was a design center within a day's drive of here... They said on Facebook last week that it would be the 7th. The US pricing you got on the 6700 is 73.3% of the Canadian price (C$4,499). I scaled down other models at the same percentage and got...

Wall oven (6880) = $5,425
    Combi-Steam (6800) = $4,399
    Steam (6600) = $2932

Current pricing is
    Wall oven (4886) = $4,299
    Combi-Steam (4086XL) = $3,495
    Steam (4086) = $2,495

My guess is that those wanting a wall oven and combi-steam oven will need to save up an extra $2,000 if they want the new model. I was hoping it was going to be closer to half that.

For those planning, the wall oven has a line in for water but the steam oven is not plumbed (yet). I would personally run the water line now and just leave a stub out in an adjacent cabinet to try and future proof everything. It's FAR easier to do it now rather than later and as time goes on surely other manufacturers will also need a water line.

This post was edited by schicksal on Sun, Jun 15, 14 at 11:01

• brightm
    9 years ago

7th of July? or overdue June?

There were actually two prices on the brochure/catalog page she showed us. $3499 MSRP and $3299 UMRP (iirc). She quoted us the $3299. Someone explained the pricing to me before, but I forgot.

I did more over-analyzing (shock, I know) when I got home and it looks like Pure Line items are even hundreds place and Contour line are odd. 6800 pure line, 6700 contour line in the m-touch model.

FWIW I looked at Canada, UK, and Australia and each got a different assortment of products in each of the lines. I think it's UK doesn't have the 6700, only 6800 in m-touch. I was worried. But Canada does. And DH assured me that was the brochure she had.

• schicksal
    9 years ago

Sorry, July 7 is when they said the new series will be available in the US. I'm hoping that AJM will also list them for sale at that time because cabinets are going in soon and there will be holes until something is available to install there.

The instruction manuals from the Canadian site show Canada / US in the corner so I assume what's for sale here will mirror Canada.

How big was the touchscreen? Some of the pictures make it look small, others bigger. I'm hoping that it's something larger than for example, my phone.

• brightm
    9 years ago

Thanks for the 7/7 date. That's the date my cabinets are due (and my anniversary is the 6th and birthday the 8th). :D

The m-touch screen we played with was on an oven or steam oven. My memory/guess would say, if I turn an iPhone 5 on it's side, that the display was a bit taller and about 1.5 times as long. We'll see in 6-8 weeks how well I did.

My guess is that it's the same display on the 24"w items like the speed oven and the 30" ovens. So when you look at a pic of the speed oven, it looks bigger and a 30" it looks smaller. It shows best on the white ones.

http://www.miele.ca/en/Product/Details/950
    http://www.miele.ca/en/Product/Details/911

We went to Beverly Hills yesterday, but we'll hit San Francisco later this month too. :)

• schicksal
    9 years ago

*turns phone sideways and looks*

Thanks! Do share what the SF center has to say, maybe my guess on price is too high. I'd love to see one in person but it would be over 1,100 miles round trip.

• wilson853
    9 years ago

I am also waiting to see if the price drops on the previous model.
    Here is the info from ABT on the new model - $3899.

http://www.abt.com/product/81486/Miele-DGC6800XLSS.html

• schicksal
    9 years ago

Nice, I'm glad to have overestimated on the combi-steam oven cost.

Being a math nerd I recalculated based on the known combi-steam number and estimate the 30" wall oven at $4,799.

AJM doesn't have them listed yet. Cabinets are in now; I'd love to hurry up with the appliances already. It's time to break the Taco Bell monopoly on dinnertime!

• schicksal
    9 years ago

FWIW the 30" trim kit for Pureline Speed/Steam/Combi ovens came in at $329, and the wall oven at $5,299.

More actual numbers for those who are planning...

• saeyedoc
    9 years ago

Dishwasher died, so even though our remodel is no where close to starting, needed a new one. While we were at the Miele dealer, I asked if they had any floor models available. Was able to secure a euro 30" Convection oven and Combi-steam oven for 30% off. Was going to wait for the new models, but at that price, I couldn't resist. They're even willing to store if for me. Saved even more since I may have sprung for the Masterchef oven, but they only had the Chef version.
    They said only the ovens had new models coming out here, nothing else.