Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
online appl dealers sell only to 150 mi radius

Posted by Peke (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 4, 13 at 17:31

When did this start? Several online companies now ask for your zip code to see where you live. Evidently I live too far from some companies so i can't order from them. When did this start? Peke

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: online appl dealers sell only to 150 mi radius

It started about 2 or 3 years ago

o

As far as I can tell, The appliance companies have started this new 150 mile radius limit, and in fact, so far, I can only find such a restriction with Kitchen aid.

Here's the info:

"Apr 30, 2011 �" In a nod of support to appliance retailers who service what they sell, KitchenAid has set a 150-mile limit for sales of its branded appliances."

Since Kitchenaid is owned by Whirlpool, I would not be surprised at all to see it spread to Jenn-air and other Whirlpool owned companies.

I can not, (so far), find any other manufacturer with such restrictions.

Gary

o

Our experience was that the website will sell it to you if you do your purchase over the phone rather than directly on the website. We got a Kitchenaid DW that way. We couldn't order it via the website cause we were beyond the 150-milie radius, so I just picked up the phone, and placed the order to a live person. I got an email confirming the order, and additional email updates prior to delivery. We also got a little bit more off the price than the price on the website, by saying "can you do a little better?". It was about $30 off of the website's price, but hey, every bit counts.

o

much ado about nothing

o

Several luxury brands have geographical limits

Bluestar and Gaggenau to name a few.

If you really really hate it buy a brand that does not do this.

o

Well, I didn't say I hated it. I was just surprised. I have never looked for kitchen aid online before. I only have one more appliance to order. Thanks for the helpful info to call. Peke

o

Sub Zero is notorious for this practice.

o

alwaysfixin: Where did you buy your appliances?

o

Baltomom - it was homeeverything.com, which has since closed. Our transaction with them, for KA DW and GE Advantium, was flawless. Great communication, quick delivery, items delivered when promised. But I guess there were problems with the company we didn't know about.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here