Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please rec an undercabinet hood for a 36" induction cooktop.

Posted by homebuyer23 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 23, 13 at 17:07

I really need to give my cabinet maker the specs for my apliances asap. I am not sure what to look for in a hood.

I've been less than thrilled with all appliance showroom employees around here and might just order something online but need a good recommendation.

We will have a 36" Bosch 500 induction cooktop, over a Bosch wall oven.

I would like the most effective hood I can get for under $1,000. Quiet important, but slightlty more important is effective and easy to clean.

It will be ducted to the outside through a short run of cabinetry.

Would greatly appreciate being pointed in the right direction, thanks!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please rec an undercabinet hood for a 36" induction cooktop.

check out the xtremeair 42" unit. seems like a pretty good value.

Here is a link that might be useful: range vent hood

o

Look at the options from fantech!

o

It's a little over budget, but take a look at the Zephyr Monsoon DCBL range hood with led lights and baffle filters. Zephyr advertises this hood as being their most quiet. It has an internal direct current motor. Someone on GW (forgot who) has posted that their DCBL hood did not disappoint and is very quiet.

o

We have a Kobe undercabinet hood - see link for specs below. We have a 36" induction cooktop, and the 36" Kobe hood. We typically run it at 300-450 cfm for most cooking, 600-720 cfm when we sear or stir fry over high heat. It's quiet and efficient. We got ours from Venting Direct and paid under $1000.
Cheryl

Here is a link that might be useful: Kobe undercabinet hood

o

Another vote for Kobe 720 CFM. Quiet, powerful, baffles, easy to clean. Also used ventingdirect.com. Never saw a Kobe hood in person before ordering, just went on GW recs.

If you can fit in a 42" hood in your design, you will get better capture, but not essential. They have lots of nice designs. I'm very happy with the finish. Kobe Customer Service was extremely responsive and helpful when I called them after I got too enthusiastic about cleaning it and took it apart too far. So I can also say, "easy to reassemble!"

o

Great, thank you so much! 2 votes may be all I need, I need to make this decision asap! Unfortunately I don't have room for a 42".

Texas Girl, thanks, but the Zephyr Monsoon is a liner, I am looking for standard under cabinet...
The Zephyr Typhoon looked nice, wonder if anyone has that?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here