Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Racing Red Induction- 1yr later

Posted by luv2putt (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 29, 13 at 16:59

So here we are 1 yr later with my Viking Induction Range...I can still say I love everything about it ... Zero issues and performs flawlessly ... Here is the original thread. http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/appl/msg0614411021786.html
it still looks as good as the day I bought it .... I cant say enuff about the virtues of induction ... So happy I didn't go gas ... Clean up is a breeze .. I use pans from 8" to 14"" without issue ....temp control is amazingly fast and can be done by feel without looking at the knobs to check .... This feature alone is what sold me originally and still impresses me.... Guess you can say I have become one with my range ... To all of you that have written me directly I hope have answered your questions in your search for a new range ...
Brad

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Racing Red Induction- 1yr later

Thanks for taking the time to do an update - real world experience over a period of time is very helpful to others who are looking. I went back and looked at your first post on that range - that is a good looking range.

o

Thx Barry!!!

o

Thanks for the update. Viking has a checkered reputation around here but there sure isn't much else out there that looks that good!

o

Thx Fori !!!

o

Glad the Viking is treating You well, sure is a "Nifty looking range".

Hope some other companies get the idea of how an induction range "Can look" and hence some competition for Viking and maybe prices will become more reasonable!

Gary

o

OMG, I forgot all about this red beauty! Gary, I wonder if the manufacturers really give a hoot about what appeals to the consumer. There haven't been any new models of induction ranges in years. It is currently forcing me tO go with a cooktop, spending extra money on cabinet work for the wall oven!
Brad, if I could afford it that beauty you have would be mine (but in blue!). Thanks for the update.

o

I remember that post, I'm amazed it's been a year already. Thanks for the update - we may be looking at induction in the near future.

Here is a link that might be useful: red induction

o

It is hard to believe its been a year ,,, but I haft to say induction " is all that !!" No matter what brand , I highly recommend I induction !!!

o

Brad,
Your follow up one year later (last June) pushed me over the edge to order a Viking induction range - my major splurge in recent kitchen reno. Our new graphite gray beauty is installed and working. It is everything you say and more! Love the knobs, the control, the easy sliding racks in the oven and of course the ease of cleaning. Thank you for your reviews and your encouragement here at GW.
B-P

o

Yay on your purchase !!! I hope u get some pics up and share the luv !!!
Brad

o

Have you seen the commercials for that small portable induction cooker on TV Brad?

To show how "Inexpensive" it is, they show your range, which of course is probably the most expensive Induction Range sold in the US, and certainly the most beautiful one.

Course I'm glad to see the Viking Range get the "free press", and I'm glad you are still enjoying yours and that it has been trouble free!

Gary

o

Brad,

Am on the road this week. Will post a picture as soon as I return. Kitchen is still a "work in progress"!

B-P

o

Just a quick update. .. It's been 2-1/2 years with my VIking Induction range ..if you read the beginning of this thread nothing has changed ... This range performs like a rockstar.... I have had zero issues .... And yes it is a Viking !!!

Brad

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here