Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
GE Adora Gas Range: anybody have one?

Posted by laurahead (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 25, 09 at 16:56

Hi,

I saw it at Home Depot -- the only place that sells it, which makes me nervous. It seems comparable to the well-reviewed Profile, minus some bells and whistles. I can't find a single review of it anywhere. Anybody have personal experience?

TIA!

Here is a link that might be useful: Adora at HD

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: GE Adora Gas Range: anybody have one?

Adora is GE's budget line, their equivalent of Roper, if that helps. You'll only find those in places like HD and Best Buy.

o
better

If you can afford the Profile I wouldn't think for 30 seconds about choosing that over an Adora anything.

o

Actually, Adora is HD's exclusive line much like Kenmore is for Sears. They are usually Profile based, but with maybe a change or two added and lower priced than the Profile line. I've had several clients select various Adora models and they haven't had any more complaints than with the standard issue Profile units. Looking at the gas range on the HD website, it's looks to be a good value for the money in that it comes with the 5th burner/griddle option. Even the higher priced Profile gas ranges only have an 18K BTU power burner, so the slightly lower powered one of the Adora looks to be fairly adequate for most consumer home usage. After all, if you were looking for all 22K burners and all stainless etc. you wouldn't be looking at mid level GE models.

o

Live_wire_oak, our local Best Buy sells Adora fridges; are you sure?

o

Yes, I got this from the GE rep personally. You may be thinking of Americana which is GE's builder grade line much like Amana is Maytag/Whirlpool's builder grade line. GE also makes Hotpoint as a low price line and has Cafe as their just under Monogram but above Profile line.

o
must be

>You may be thinking of Americana which is GE's builder grade line

Yes, I guess that must be it, because I know you know what you're talking about.

o

Thanks very much to you both -- I appreciate your help.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here