Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
laurahead108

GE Adora Gas Range: anybody have one?

laurahead
14 years ago

Hi,

I saw it at Home Depot -- the only place that sells it, which makes me nervous. It seems comparable to the well-reviewed Profile, minus some bells and whistles. I can't find a single review of it anywhere. Anybody have personal experience?

TIA!

Here is a link that might be useful: Adora at HD

Comments (11)

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    14 years ago

Adora is GE's budget line, their equivalent of Roper, if that helps. You'll only find those in places like HD and Best Buy.

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    14 years ago

If you can afford the Profile I wouldn't think for 30 seconds about choosing that over an Adora anything.

• live_wire_oak
    14 years ago

Actually, Adora is HD's exclusive line much like Kenmore is for Sears. They are usually Profile based, but with maybe a change or two added and lower priced than the Profile line. I've had several clients select various Adora models and they haven't had any more complaints than with the standard issue Profile units. Looking at the gas range on the HD website, it's looks to be a good value for the money in that it comes with the 5th burner/griddle option. Even the higher priced Profile gas ranges only have an 18K BTU power burner, so the slightly lower powered one of the Adora looks to be fairly adequate for most consumer home usage. After all, if you were looking for all 22K burners and all stainless etc. you wouldn't be looking at mid level GE models.

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    14 years ago

Live_wire_oak, our local Best Buy sells Adora fridges; are you sure?

• live_wire_oak
    14 years ago

Yes, I got this from the GE rep personally. You may be thinking of Americana which is GE's builder grade line much like Amana is Maytag/Whirlpool's builder grade line. GE also makes Hotpoint as a low price line and has Cafe as their just under Monogram but above Profile line.

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    14 years ago

>You may be thinking of Americana which is GE's builder grade line

Yes, I guess that must be it, because I know you know what you're talking about.

• laurahead
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks very much to you both -- I appreciate your help.

• john hesson
    3 years ago

i purchased a complete set of adora appliances minus the refrigerator. first the microwave trim melted on the door, the oven caught fire in self clean, and now the dishwasher has no power to the control module.. all in about a year. that is just my personal experience with the adora line.

• HU-949992899
    3 years ago

The Adora range, dishwasher and microwave were purchased five years ago. All have been without problems including noise from the dishwasher. While our friend has had constant icemaker mishaps with two other models, Samsung, etc., the Adora icemaker works perfectly.

• HU-993582653
    3 years ago

I have had mine for approx 3-4 yrs. I hate it! Had TWO oven fires already. Once when I turned the oven on and the 2nd time it was in self-clean mode. If I had money to spare, I would ditch this stove and buy a different brand.

• C V
    11 months ago

Ive had the Adora with the middle griddle for about 5 years with no problems and I cook daily. I only used the self cleaning once and didnt care for it so I clean it manually. Yes the burners are hard to clean but they do eventually clean to newish status with hot water, dish liquid soap, soft scrubbing sponge and elbow grease. Today I used an oven cleaner spray and viola! the cleaner did the work for me. My beef is the griddle. Someone carelessly burned something and it wont clean to newish status. But the part i dont like is that its teflon coated which is peeling on the feet it sits on. This doesnt affect the top but ceramic would have been a better option.