Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bosch 800 Plus Dishwasher Beeping

Posted by abm760 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 5, 13 at 16:50

I am considering the Bosch SHE7ER55UC dishwasher and am a bit concerned about beeping at the end of cycle. Some people complain about it and that they can't turn it off. The manual for the exposed control models in the 800 plus series state that only the top model can change the volume, while all the hidden front models can change the volume. If anybody out there has the SHE7ER55UC, can you check if you can change the volume.

This is what the manual online says:
Cycle Completion Signal (SHE9ER55UC only)
1 Open the door and press the [On/Off] button.
2 Hold down the β€œA” button (see page 4) and press [Start] until the display indicates β€œH:00”.
3 Release both buttons.
4 Press the β€œA” button until the display shows β€œb:02”.
5 Press the β€œC” button to increase or decrease the tone β€œb:00” = OFF and β€œb:03” = LOUDEST
6 Press [Start] to save setting and close the door.

Thank you.

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to manual

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bosch 800 Plus Dishwasher Beeping

Pulled my manual. Ours is an SHV7ER53UC, I think? Says the same as you wrote. Frankly, we run ours at nit and after the very first night, it has never been an issue for us. Love the darn thing.

o

Whit461, thank you.

Any other posters? How loud is the beep really? How long does it continue beeping for? Is it affected by the Auto Power Off setting?

o

It's a medium loudness beep and most people just shut it off using the instruction in the Care & Use manual

o

Except that the manual states that only the top model of the three, in the exposed control line, can change the volume.

o

The top models you can change the volume but in all models you can shut off the beep completely.

o

I have a 500 series and it was very easy to turn off the beep if you follow the instructions in the manual. Just follow those instructions you posted and you should be able silence the beep

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here