Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
psient

Thinking of buying the American Performer 36"

psient
10 years ago

Hello All:

I have had an AR for 6 years now. I have some gripes but those are detailed at great length in another thread. Has anyone purchased the AR 36" performer?

I am wondering if the BTUs on the big burners are really 25K. Also the convection oven is still the 'innovection' right? One thing that puzzles me. In the pictures I've seen the configuration of the knobs does not make sense to me.

On a 6 burner range there should be a knob for each burner. There should also bee 2 knobs for the oven; one for the function and one for the temperature. My current oven has the broil function on the temperature knob rather than on the function knob. This doesn't make any difference as the broiler has never worked. I have tried 4 times to get it fixed and it failed after one use each time. I just gave up as I don't broil that much anyway.

When it came to my broiler problem I contacted the whole gang down there as I am local to them in the LA basin. This included Bert, Alex, Shane, and the owner. No one could help me with a good fix, although they did try a little.

When I originally bought my oven distributor/dealers competed with price being a factor. However I notice that all distributors now post the same prices.

Anyway, if anyone can give me feed back on the performance of your performer I'd like to hear about it.

I am in the market for either a Thermador, BS, Culinarian, or the AR.

Thanks,

Jon

Comment (1)