Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
GE Monogram (post 2009 redesign) experiences?

Posted by Samantha_NB (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 26, 12 at 15:57

Hello,

We're debating between GE Monogram and a couple of other models for our built-in refrigerator. I understand that GE Monogram did a substantial redesign in 2009 to fix some issues (freezing the fresh food, flawed ice maker, etc.) Has anyone bought a GE Monogram built-in fridge since the redesign? What have your experiences been?

Thanks so much!

Samantha

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: GE Monogram (post 2009 redesign) experiences?

I don't know anything about the quality of GE Monogram vs other brands but we are looking at 48" integrated / panel ready frig models (there aren't a lot of them that we've found) and the quote we got for the Monogram was the same price for the most part as the quote we got for a Sub-Zero. Kitchen Aid makes one also, it was approximately $1500 or so less than Suz-Zero or Monogram (so still pretty pricey). The 48" side by side gave more frig space than the 24" columns.

o
RE: GE Monogram (post 2009 redesign) experiences?

I'm just finishing a kitchen renovation and went back and forth on whether to buy a 48" built in side by side SZ or the GE monogram with custom panels. Loved the sub zero but it had slightly less usable square inches in the freezer than the monogram and it was $1800 more expensive. Read all the problems with mold and cooling for GE and am still concerned, but went with it anyway (model ZiS480NX)because we needed the extra freezer space. The GE customer service reps, who were far and away the most helpful of any fridge manufacturer (throughout this process I talked to Jenn-Air, Kitchenaid, Thermador, SZ, etc), told me that many of the parts are now being manufactured in TN not China because of all the probs they have had. Don't know if that is true, but clearly I hope so. Will report back on the new fridge once I've had it awhile. BTW: my 16 year old GE profile side by side never needed one service call in 16 years and has always done a perfect job keeping foods fresh and at the right temps. All shelves and bins look like new.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here