Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
under counter ice makers-are any reliable and quiet?

Posted by txmom1 (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 29, 12 at 15:55

Hi all,

I've looked through all the posts about ice makers and it seems like lately Hoshizaki is being recommended. Does anyone actually own one of these that can comment on how quiet it is and how well it works? I would rather have a gravity drain (which I know Hoshizaki is not). Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Txmom1

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: under counter ice makers-are any reliable and quiet?

Hi,
Just bought and installed one of these (Hoshizaki C-100BAF, about $2700 with the drain pump, vivco-ice.com, salesman was John S - they are very helpful, I asked questions for over a year and they were always patient). The ice is amazing. It is a little louder than I expected, but still a little quieter than a regular mid-priced dishwasher and it doesn't make any noise when it's full and not making ice. I think you do not need a drain pump if you can drain via gravity (I installed mine in a bar area that had a sink - so I needed the pump).

Overall, we are very happy with it (but do wish it was a little quieter).

Hope this helps,
Mnovas

o
RE: under counter ice makers-are any reliable and quiet?

See my comments in the thread below.

Basically, ice machines as a group aren't very quiet, at least the real ones that make clear ice that doesn't bunch together and requires a drain, as opposed to those that are glorified refrigerator icemakers in a separate appliance and make cloudy-white ice crescents.

Here is a link that might be useful: ice machine thread

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here