Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cleaning the Tub

Posted by musicgal (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 4, 14 at 15:54

My new washer is an LG WT5070CW high efficiency. Cleaning the tub for the first time today. What do you use fot the tub clean cycle?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cleaning the Tub

I don't have an LG, and I no longer have a top loader. But prior to my current front loader washing machine, I've had top loaders. I must confess that in decades of having washing machines, I've never cleaned the tub! Isn't it cleaned along with the clothes?

Anyway, I'll link to the Gardenweb Laundry Forum where you will have a wider audience for your question, much more knowledgeable than I.

Here is a link that might be useful: Gardenweb's Laundry Forum

o

Sahmmy- my LG comes with a tub cleaning cycle that is supposed to be run once a month. Newer water efficient appliances don' t use enough water to "swoosh" the gunk out of the tub like the old washers did. The tub cleaning cycle is designed to help get rid of any mold or mildew buildup and runs a different amount of water and time. The manual did not recommend a product, so I ran the cycle with bleach. Smells very fresh now.

o

Chlorine bleach is typically recommended ... but a moderate dose, maybe 1/3 to 2/3 measured cup.

Washer cleaning products are available. Tide has a product, and Whirlpool markets a product called Affresh.

o

Thanks Dadoes- the manual gave me three general options but was not specific at all.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here