Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tall Narrow Frig?

Posted by CrazyintheKitchen (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 14, 13 at 15:54

We have a very small kitchen for a family of 5, with a 14 cft frig and another 18cft unit in the basement. I am researching the idea of replacing the kitchen frig with a tall narrow frig/freezer (approx 24" width) to increase our limited counter space. I realize that we will lose some cubic feet in the process, in both the frig and the freezer. However, we don't use the current cold space that we have efficiently, ie too much sits in there that really isn't used very often or that fossilized many moons before I find it. I think we can manage with a smaller unit if we got smart about our use of it. Plus, the large frig downstairs helps a lot.

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this notion, and perhaps can recommend a brand/model? There don't seem to be too many options on the market. Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tall Narrow Frig?

Liebherr makes 24" refrigerators and often are used in situations similar to yours. Of late, quality issues seem to have surfaced again with this company.

You may wish to go to ajmadison.com and do a search under refrigerators, specifying width of 24". There is another manufacturer as I recall. Good luck.

o
RE: Tall Narrow Frig?

check Fagor, Summit, LG.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here