Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jaxo_gw

Quiet and reliable HE washer/dryer sets?

jaxo
10 years ago

I'm trying to reduce appliance noise in the house. I now have a LG washer/dryer set on pedestals and I'm getting tired of the noise. I have heard that removing the pedestals and putting them directly on the floor can reduce vibration and noise. However, it will be annoying to stoop down that low to load and unload clothes.
I'm thinking of selling the set and switching to a HE top loader such as a Whirlpool Cabrio.
I looked at a Cabrio Platinum set in a store and it would be pretty easy to load. Even the dryer didn't seem as low as dryers that come with front loading sets that aren't on pedestals. The height of the tops is great for folding clothes. It's awkward to reach up to fold clothes on my current set because the top surface is so high.
I liked a feature the Cabio has that allows you to put a load of clothes in the washer and have them wash and then air dry over several hours without moving them to the dryer, but it seems of limited value because the timing of it doesn't seem to work for putting clothes in the washer before leaving for work and coming back home to clean and dry clothes and it doesn't even work well for putting clothes in before bed and having the ready when you get up in the morning. I think the wash/dry cycle time is about 6 hours and if the clothes are not removed immediately, you will deal with deep set wrinkling.

I also looked at consumer reviews and it looks like they are not reliable:
http://reviews.cnet.com/washers/whirlpool-cabrio-wtw5500xw-washing/4852-17904_7-34201699.html

Are there any quiet and reliable HE washer/dryer sets?
If the top loading HE models don't work as well as front loading washers, then I could go to another front loading set as long as the new set can be quiet even when mounted to pedestals.
I would like very large capacity so I can wash and dry Queen comforters without needing to take them to a laundry.

Comments (3)