Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Double Oven

Posted by ginnier (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 28, 12 at 14:35

I have a Whirlpool Double Oven Stove with a glasstop...It's actually almost 2 yrs. old and it seems to heat unevenly. I wondered if any of you have trouble with your double oven this way. If I bake a cake or pan of lasagna, no problem. But if I bake muffins, I have to switch the pans around midway and I still think they'd burn if I didn't shorten up the cooking time so much. I make these extra large muffies, as we call them, every two weeks, and probably have done so for over five years. They never burned with my old oven and I didn't have to switch them midway!!! Anybody have this type of trouble. It's getting exasperating, shortening up the cooking time makes them stickier. Maybe I am missing something here....help!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Double Oven

Are you using the top oven for muffins or lower oven or both? How are you switching them around? Have you checked the temperature of the oven with an independent thermometer?

o
RE: Double Oven

I think I did at first, check the temp. and all was well. Maybe I ought to do it again. I used the top one first and now I have used the bottom (larger) oven ever since. And at the half way thru cooking, I switch the two pans of muffins, end for end and left to right.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here