Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
new kitchen appliances

Posted by immaof3 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 28, 12 at 14:24

I am about to redo part of a kitchen in a house I am moving into at the end of the summer. I'm having trouble making decisions on several appliances since each has a feature I like. Would love some feedback.

Currently, I'm thinking about the following:
Wall ovens:
Wolf30L
Thermador POD301
GE ZET1
The wolf has a full extension shelf, three racks and recessed broiler.
The Thermador has a larger capacity, 2 racks, additional modes (not sure what they are)
And GE has racks that can be left in for self clean and is obviously cheaper.

Dishwasher I'm pretty sure I'm going with the Kitchenaid KUDE70 because it supposedly compares to the Bosch but dries and I think has a grinder. I can also get it at a very good price through kitchen designer (better than the model below).

I haven't even begun to look at microwaves!

There is also a 48" Thermador that is about 10 years old that I may have to replace. I've been looking at the same manufacturers as above but am debating gas vs dual. One gas I looked at does not have self clean and as I cook a lot, I feel that is a necessity.

I would appreciate to hear any advice/experience you have with these appliances.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new kitchen appliances

OVENS)

Of the ovens you are looking at the Wolf ovens are by far the best. The extra capacity of the Thermadore's are largely unuseable. Take the bakeware you would use for Thanksgiving diner to your local appliance store and see if you can fit a combonation in the Thermadore that you can't fit in the Wolf. I doubt it. Plus if you have the the extra capacity of a 48" range the extra size of the Thermadore becomes an even less relevant issue. GE Monogram is GE profile with different style door and upgraded racks.If you don't want to spend the money on Wolf look into Electrolux. The ones being shipped now should be coming from their brand new factory in Tennessee.

Dishwasher)

The KA Kude has a heating element but no grinder. These were designed for lower noise to compete with Euro dishwashers. The Bosch dries. It may leave some droplets on plastics and deep crevices but then again it does not put the wear and tear of cooking your dishes every dishwasher cycle.

48" Range)

If you have electric double ovens then you definetly want an all gas range. In general electric ovens are best for baking and gas for roasting meats. Electric wall ovens and gas range give you the best of both worlds.

A 48" Capital Culinarian All-Gas with self-clean has your name written all over it. In addition to a very hot broiler also comes with motorized rotisserie. And the rangetop has has powerful open 23K btu burners than can simmer down to 140-145 degrees.

Microwaves) Check out the Sharp Microwave drawer and see if you like. If not Sharp or Panasonic are very good. Or you can pay a pretty premium to get the same brand as your wall ovens so the doors and handles match.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here