Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need a new fridge...

Posted by deniselie (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 21, 12 at 14:13

I am looking for a new fridge, french door with bottom freezer. Flexible on water, ice dispenser...could go either way, unless you sway me ! 24-29cu (depending on how it measures) and in white. I don't subscribe to consumers reports so I don't know what they recommend. I would love your opinions. You guys are the best anyway. What do you like about what you have, don't like, would look for if you did it over again and so on. It isn't URGENT,--YET-- ! Help me out, please. Oh, and pics are always welcome !

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need a new fridge...

JD Powers has ranked the Samsung FD tops in its class for five years in a row and up to now has had class leading specs and tech.Full size versions,those in the 24-29 cu ft class, are made in Mexico.

GE has just opened a new fridge facility in the US and started delivering FD fridges with cutting edge tech and features.

Tried and true... Samsung
Latest and greatest... GE

Link below is for thread about new GE Fridges.

Here is a link that might be useful: GE Unveils New Fridge from New U.S. Plant

o
RE: Need a new fridge...

Look at kitchen aid too. I got a 21.9 cu ft French door about 4 months ago and very happy with it. I wanted ice and water in the door but in the width I needed that let me with only LG for $2500 or a narrow SxS. This one was a clearance deal a hh Gregg but lowes still sell them and hh sells larger models. Mine has an ice maker in the freezer and a cold filtered water tap inside the fridge not as convent but it looks sleek and the ice and water stay cleaner.

KA has a good warranty too. Full year parts and labor on everything and 5 year parts and labor on sealed system then parts only on the sealed system until the 10th year

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here