Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
bluestar burner ignitor

Posted by gwald (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 30, 12 at 13:51

hi - I spent a lot of time looking through the forum for info about bluestar ignitor replacement. Has anyone found a replacement other than the $22 bluestar module? I'm thinking of making the switch to the viking ignitors as was suggested, but I'd rather find a source for the bluestar!

Anybody know of a place? I see the part # is BS-741801

Also, I'm looking for the gasket between the venturi tube and the burner. I don't even see that on the BS site.

(I tried tried to remove the screw to get the ignitor off but it was rusted and is now stripped. Once I get it off, I bought some stainless steel socket head cap screws as replacements!)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: bluestar burner ignitor

Your best bet could be to directly contact Bluestar. Replacement parts like spark modules are often sourced from different makers and suppliers over time. It is useful to order such spares as a module and ignitors before needed as a precaution.

o

My screws were all rusted as well and needed to be removed with a screw extractor; I called BlueStar and they sent replacements (and gaskets) for free. But I like your idea of replacing them with stainless screws -- I may try the same -- what size were they? You'd think BlueStar would have figured out by now that this is a recurring problem -- after all, water vapor is a byproduct of gas combustion.

o

I got 6-32 stainless socket head cap screws that take an allen wrench and have a hefty head on them. They aren't that expensive, so I don't understand either why they would not spend a few cents to make their "design" more robust. Personally, I think it's things like this that help to give bluestar a bad name. I'm handy, so I can deal with stuff like this, but I think that a lot of people can't and don't want to put up with stuff like this! I thought that I was going to have to drill them out and I wasn't looking forward to it, but I took a torx bit and pounded it in - got it!

thx for the bluestar tip. I may call them if I can't find it locally.

o

Put some Never Seize or anti seize on the threads, they will always come out.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here