Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Have Viking ranges improved over the last few years?

Posted by Kitten1313 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 27, 13 at 13:31

Couldn't find any recent reviews about Vikings (maybe everybody stopped buying them after all the negative reviews here!). AJ Madison has a Viking gas range at a price cheaper than the Elux Pro DF. Just wondering if they've made any strides recently. FWIW, the model is Viking Professional Custom Series VGIC5366BX

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Have Viking ranges improved over the last few years?

I had a newer Viking range that I got in January '13 and I didn't like it at all, well, other than the way it looked, which was very nice. But you are looking at a different model, the open burner one, which may be better. That was the one I had intended to purchase, but the salesman told me the open burner was no longer available and I took him at his word (it is still available today). My oven got extremely hot on the exterior, the control panel, and the knobs. And the oven temp was all over the place and couldn't even bake a decent batch of cookies. I returned mine and got a Wolf ... much happier!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here