Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
? on fisher paykel dish drawers

Posted by abbey_cny (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 9, 12 at 13:01

I posed this question on line to customer service at Fisher Pakyel. They emailed be back promising an answer within 24-48 hours. It has now been 5 days and no other reply. I also called customer service and was on hold so long I just hung up. So I am hoping someone here familiar with the dish drawers can answer my question. I am considering buying one but I noticed a difference between 2 of the models I am considering. Model DD24SCX7 has "3 stage flood protection" and model DD24SDFx& has "flood protection built in". Is there any appreciable difference between these types of flood protection or is one better than the other? So far neither Lowe's or Fisher Paykel has been able to answer my question so I am hoping someone here may be able to. Thank you for any assistance!

Abbey

"

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ? on fisher paykel dish drawers

The two models differ only on two points (and a slight difference in depth measurement from rear panel to front panel regards to the handle difference):

CX is a "classic" model with 1) a handle set into the upper trim, and 2) an LCD panel to provide visual feedback of the cycle time, operation sequence (prewash, wash, rinse, drying), and alphanumeric fault codes during a malfunction.

FX is a "designer" model with 1) a towel-bar kind of handle, and 2) no LCD.

There is no mechanical difference between them regards to flood protection. ALL models are the same on that point. The web site simply has editorial differences between the various models in how the features & info are described/stated. At least one of the models (I didn't check them all) has both statements ("Flood protection built in" and "Three stage flood protection") on it.

o

Thank you so much! Seems like it would have an easy answer for Fisher Paykel customer service, but I am glad Garden Web came through again.

Abbey

o

Hopefully your question has been answered. In regards to Fisher Paykel, I enjoyed my Dish Drawer for the first six months - while it worked. After two warranty calls, and now an out of warranty expense (2 years old), I would have to say avoid Fisher Paykel at all costs. A review and reliability search onthe web will pull up ongoing problems with the F&P brand and sub brands. As for F&P customer service, typical..

o

RoryRhodes,

My DD603 is 9 years old (8/21/2003) and has had no repairs thus far. Current units may or may not show the same experience. What specific troubles have you had?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here