Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bosch 800 series DW - Plastic food storage that dries well?

Posted by andyfsu99 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 19, 14 at 13:00

So, we just got our new Bosch DW. We knew going in that the condensation drying system probably wouldn't do a great job on thin plastics, and that is certainly true, and increasingly common across DW's as far as I can tell. So, my question is.. does anyone have a DW with condensation drying AND food storage containers that dry reasonably well in it?

We currently use "disposable" ziploc-type containers and they don't dry well at all, but since other plastic items (cups, etc) seem to dry pretty well I am thinking we could perhaps do with an upgrade/change. I'd be interested in anyone's actual experience with containers they own...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bosch 800 series DW - Plastic food storage that dries well?

I recently applied Miele's AutoOpen drying system to my dishwasher: I just pop the door open two inches after the cycle is done and walk away. The moisture escapes, dry heat remains and everything dries within 15 or so minutes.

As for plastics: Tupperware and other microwaveable containers dry well in my Bosch.

Alex

o
RE: Bosch 800 series DW - Plastic food storage that dries well?

The heavier plastics will retain heat longer and do a better job of coming dry.
The disposable containers are just too light weight to hold heat which is why they don't dry as well. They also have that little upturned edge tha holds a lot of water.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here