Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
blakekr

replacement rack for Miele perfect clean oven

blakekr
9 years ago

I have a perfect clean oven I bought some years ago from a kitchen warehouse in buffalo and I failed to notice at the time it only came with one oven rack.

I have lived with it, but am selling my house and I suspect my new owners are really going to dislike having just one rack in this otherwise great oven.

I tried to buy the part several times from online suppliers but it never did work out, there were several months backorders each time and the one time the rack did arrive, it was radically the wrong size, like a tiny one for a large toaster oven.

The one in my oven is about 60cm long or about 23 1/4 inches and it seems like this rack is not even made anymore! I am tempted to just buy a similar-sized rack but this just seems like such a gamble that it would actually fit and these are all internet orders ... best thing would be to order a buffet of five or more and try to find one that works but that is just not practical ...

Does anyone have any suggestions ... I know this is a long shot question!

Comments (8)

• hvtech42
    9 years ago

Have you tried contacting Miele?

• weissman
    9 years ago

I doubt most homebuyers would even notice but obviously it would be nice if you could find one - I agree - contact Miele.

This post was edited by weissman on Mon, Jun 23, 14 at 15:39

• blakekr
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you, I had an email into them and they got back this afternoon.

They do actually sell it. If you order from them, the single rack is about $160.00 I feel little stupid ordering one oven rack for $169 since this price seems designed to send you to a distributor, but, I haven't been able to find it elsewhere.

• dodge59
    9 years ago

You can order from Miele online and while the prices are not "good", they are better than the price you show here.

Racks for Normal ovens, GE, Whirlpool, Fridigaire,~~~~~~
    are around $30-$50~~~~~Hopefully this helps you decide what "Oven Not To Buy", should you need one for your new home.

Click the Helpful link at the end of my post to go to the Miele online store.

Good luck with your move!!!

Gary

Here is a link that might be useful: Miele Oven racks

• xedos
    9 years ago

Gary - parts for your Miele DW are a whole lot more than those from the "normal" brands you mentioned.

Nonetheless, that didn't stop you from buying one.

I don't think anyone considers Miele a normal brand, and I think it kinda unreasonable to expect low prices on anything from a brand like that.

• rococogurl
    9 years ago

Gary, I'm officially inviting you over to my house so you can see for yourself how well my Miele oven works and all it does. That, I hope, will convince you to stop knocking the oven based on reports by people you don't know. It's especially true for the Perfect Clean ovens (not self-cleaning) which haven't reported the heating issues -- those were on self-clean models. And we haven't had those reports for some time.

I do agree that not everyone needs a Wolf, Gaggenau or Miele oven. And I'll add that my DD's Kenmore ovens in their house (DSIL decided no 'fancy' appliances there) did a super job on my apple pie and self-cleaned perfectly after I made a mess with my high-heat chicken.

But my Miele oven is excellent. I use it almost daily and in 6 years there hasn't been an issue. It cleans up beautifully, without self-clean, the rotisserie is a-m-a-z-i-n-g, and one setting requires no preheat -- I can start roasting in a cold oven and finish in regular time which, let me tell you, on Thanksgiving is a joy. I know how to cook and have certain things I want from an oven. I bake a lot of bread, which comes out great. And it does a wonderful job on pastries and cakes.

So, while it may not be the oven for you, it certainly is for me and, I know, for trailrunner who also is a serious baker.

I bought one of the glide-out racks a few years back. Someone on here snickered at me for paying $100 for it. It's been worth every penny.

So please, Gary until you at least actually use a Miele oven, it seems a bit excessive to continually bash it.

But thanks for the links to the Miele parts. They have an intriguing roasting pan that replaces the rack and fits directly on the oven sliders. I've not seen anything like that and even though it's expensive, I may get one as a Christmas present.

• dodge59
    9 years ago

rococogurl, In "this case", I just mentioned I did not like the price of the Miele parts in the US~~~Look what Miele does to our friends in Canada.

I had 2 Mercedes, and Mercedes did the same thing to me when I needed parts, fortunately I found an "Honest Independent", (Who used to work for Mercedes), and He saved me a lot of money finding Mercedes Parts.
    (Example: Heater Control Box, MB price $900.00, Chrysler part, $300)~~~same exact part!

Now to be honest, SZ does the same thing.
    There used to be a sight where you could find SZ parts, and part numbers, that sight is now gone and it does not take a lot of imagination to figure out why it is gone.

When there is no competition, then the manufacturer can charge whatever they want for the parts, (and they do).

So my post was not "Anti Miele Oven", per say, just their marketing strategies!

As you saw, (if you read the post of the Miele DW intake valve), if & when that valve fails, I'm gonna get "Soaked", (LOL). One can not find a substitute, (or at least one I would trust). I do like my Miele DW and it has been trouble free for 8 years now.

Gary

• rococogurl
    9 years ago

Agreed on the parts cost for sure. No one wants to pay more than they should.

I had to junk a washer/dryer because I couldn't get a new controller board for the washer -- not anywhere in the world. (I even tried Australia).

All I can say about the cost of Miele parts is at least they can are available. Its cost so much more to replace the whole dang thing.