Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vladik_gw

Sears master protection agreement and Bosch Dishwasher

vladik
13 years ago

I'm going to vent here because I'm fuming mad. I have a top of the line Bosch dishwasher that I bought from Sears 4 years ago (first mistake). I also bought the master protection plan to go with it (second mistake). My dishwasher gave us few hassles for the first 3 1/2 years but lately we have been getting a film on the dishes and many times there is food dried on.

I called sears twice last month to come out because the dishwasher was not cleaning the dishes. I was told to cut down on soap and change my detergent. I have done both these things. The second repairman reitterated the soap info and told me to use vinegar and/or dishwasher magic to clean out the excess soap. Done.

Today, my dishes are absolutely filthy with dried on food and a film all over everything. I am not touching these dishes until a repairman comes out.

I called Sears repair and the woman told me that "dishes not being clean" is not a reason for them to come out. I am either using too much soap or my water pressure isn't right. They will not send someone out under the agreement. I will have to pay for it myself. Uhmmmm, what is the point of a master protection agreement. I'm waiting for a manager to call me back.

So...no more Sears for me. Now, which dishwasher should I buy after I throw this one by the side of the road?

Comments (6)

• deeageaux
    13 years ago

There are only two dishwashers that the general board consensus considers better than Bosch; Miele and Asko.

There is only one that is considered to have top notch cusomer service/repair.

That is Miele.

Unless you live in the boonies.

• weissman
    13 years ago

KA is also highly thought of on this board - I've had one for 8 years and am very pleased with it.

• weedmeister
    13 years ago

I had an issue not long ago where my dishes were not getting as clean as I thought they should be. I checked the innards by removing the spray arm and some other plastic parts and discovered that the pump inlet was partially covered by bits of trash that had come off jars and other bits of plastic. Once I cleaned it out, its been working fine since.

• jakvis
    13 years ago

vladik, Before getting much madder, check your drain hose to see if it has a high loop. This is where the drain hose is attached just under the countertop after it comes through the sink cabinet and before it gets to the drain hookup. The issue your describing is exactly what will happen if the high loop is not in place.
    The reason it may have taken awhile to manifest is maybe it was never attached but just loosely looped and then it fell over when things were pulled out from unter the sink. I've seen it happen before so I'm talking from experience.
    I can't tell you how many of these d/w's I've fixed just by correcting a poor installation.
    If the high loop is in place you could have a blockage in the drain line as described by weedmeister.
    For a Bosch D/W not to be cleaning well it's got to be one of these items not the machine it's self.

• nerdyshopper
    13 years ago

My machine is connected to the drain through an air gap. Once I had your problem on my old GE and It was caused by small pieces of bone that got into the washer and clogged the inlet of the air gap. The pump couldn't get the dirty water out and into the drain. I'd follow the advice above and do some checking for stuff blocking the system somewhere. If you do will you please post what you find and if you fixed the problem yourself. I know it can be intiminating. It is to me now that I'm approaching 80, but that's what kids are for. Get some help if you need it.

• weedmeister
    13 years ago

is it safe to assume you've cleaned the filters? the Bosch doesn't have a grinder so you have to clean out the filters after a while.

The way to check the water level is to let the unit fill and run for a bit, then open the door. There should be about an inch of water in the bottom (I'm guessing). If this model had an electric element in the bottom, the water should come up to the element.