Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Contol Lock stuck on - GE induction cooktop

Posted by jag521 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 29, 11 at 12:33

The control lock is stuck on and prevents me using all the cooking elements on my GE magnetic induction cooktop - model ZHU30. I have cleaned the top, replaced the fuses in my home's fusebox that controls the cooktop, and on my repairman's suggestion, I left the fuses out for 20 minutes to let the cooktop reset. (He can't come until tomorrow.) I'd love to fix this before I have to pay a repairman! Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Contol Lock stuck on - GE induction cooktop

If it doesn't unlock with the power off - or with the control panel - you probably need a new control panel.

o

Do you mean the so-called 'child-lock' or the lock for the oven used during self-cleaning?

o

I agree with Doug--if cutting power to the circuit for a while (do you really have old-fashioned fuses?) didn't fix it, you probably need a repair. Hope it's under warranty!

o

I am happy to report that the problem is related to the sensor under the glass and its likely not positioned correctly. So take the palm of your hand and put it over and around the control lock key and presto, out of control lock. I just fixed mine this way, from information provided by another member here.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here