Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Refrigerators

Posted by jilrose87 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 23, 12 at 12:29

Seeking opinions or reviews for Samsung's new 31 cu ft FD frig RF323TEDBSRA, We were trying to decide between the LG LFX31925ST 31 cu ft fD or the Samsung RF4287HARS 4 door FD until this one caught my eye. I haven't been able to find any reviews or opinions. Would welcome any feedback.
Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Refrigerators

All three of the models you listed would be overkill for my budget, house and neighborhood. However, I did toy with the idea of the last one when I was shopping around.

The RF4287HARS earned 4.6/5.0 on the Lowe's website over 320 reviews. That's pretty impressive for any item on their site. Note that the $2879 "sale" price right now isn't nearly as cheap as it gets. It was $2,069 at Lowe's in mid-April this year and $1,799 at Best Buy last Black Friday. Pretty solid fridge...

I bought the Whirlpool GZ25FSRXYY a few days ago instead. Slightly smaller at 25 cu ft and without the dual evap or second ice maker. Came in at about $1,220 before tax after all my discounts.

o

Note that the 31 Samsung seems to be even deeper than the LG and the other Samsung. Depends on your situation, but I eliminated it based on that. I'm already making the LG "counter depth" by having a 31" counter, but another inch is just getting to be too much.

o

Also, the upper drawer on the Samsung is a refrigerator drawer. For the LG, it is a freezer drawer.

o

We are building a new wall to house panty, frig, ovens so depth is of no consequence, just so many choices and haven't bought new kitchen appliances in 24 years. I know my new ones will never last that long. Does anyone have an opinion one way or another about the use of the separate refrigerator drawer?

o

What ever you buy - make sure the 'sealed system' (the compressor / condenser) are guaranteed for atleast 8 yrs.

o

I will ask our appliance person. I'm assuming that this is a probable option with some refrigerators. Hope it is with one of our choices. Thank you.

o

We were also looking at the RF4287HARS but we really do not need a 28 cf fridge. We thought the second fridge drawer was nice but I don't often have to go into the meat compartment and probably wouldn't have to use it for snacks like those with kids home all the time.

We ended up going with a 26 cf (RF263BFAFSR) that has the meat compartment up in the fridge part but it also has a new design on the ice maker and makes 10 lbs of ice in 24 hours. Its slimmer in build and takes up less space in the fridge. Same layout other wise as the 28 cf. Cost us $1597. We put the difference into a higher end induction stove instead.

o
RE: New Refrigerators-Samsung or LG?

My neighbors both have had LG french doors for a couple of years and absolutely love them. However, the 31 cf LG, which would have been my first choice, has gotten mixed reviews---including some pretty awful ones mostly regarding being in need of repair almost immediately after purchase. I think the quality can vary from model to model perhaps?? Co-worker bought a Samsung FD about 6 months ago and is really pleased but I don't like the way the handle is hinged on the Samsung freezer drawers. I'm really torn---can't afford the professional quality or built-in reefers but can spend up to $2500. Any suggestions for alternatives?

o

Do you mind if I ask where you got it for that price? We are looking at the one with the flex drawer because we have small kids, but we are not in a huge hurry, I'm trying to decide whether to get it at sears during this sale weekend or wait.

o

A salesman at the Sears Outlet told me there will be 10% off everything on July 28. Plus 5% off if you use a Sears card and 0% financing for 6 months if you are a new card holder. He said they can pre-order anything right now and then get the discounts on 7/28.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here