Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
estesliz

Kucht gas range?

estesliz
9 years ago

Anyone heard of this brand or own one?
I can't seem to find much about it. But I really like the way it looks for the price.

Thanks!

Comments (73)

• PRO
    Li'l Inspirations, LLC
    7 years ago

@lsylvester25 @lisacdm

I have not experienced the front of my stove being excessively hot. It does get warm (maybe very warm) but I wouldn't say hot.

I, too, am an avid baker and have not experienced any problems with the size of the oven. Actually, I can get a 3/4 size sheet pan in the oven without a problem. With my previous oven (KitchenAid) only a 1/2 sheet would fit. May not seem like a bit deal, but to me, being able to fit a 3/4 sheet pan, meant alot more baking getting done in a shorter time. :)

I would have loved to get a 36 inch range too, but I don't have the room for it. My kitchen was redone not too long ago, and I don't fee like ripping out a cabinet, etc. to fit a 36 inch.

The stove top is designed well also. I can now fit 4 large pots, etc. at the same time if needed because of how the burners are situated and top is designed. This is a Huge plus for me.

I purchased directly from Thor.

Good luck with your research, etc.

-Sandra

P.S. - If I ever get out of the custom wedding gifts (personalized handkerchiefs and blankets) and baptism gift world, I just might go into food and appliance blogging. :D

• Sharon
    7 years ago

After reading these threads, I am a bit confused about the Kucht range. I am looking at the 48" all-gas. Is it not well supported or difficult to get serviced? I am going to need high altitude orifice and propane. Looking at Blue Star as well. Such a difficult decision. I don't want bell and whistles. I want simple functionality but a high-quality workhorse stove.

• PRO
    Li'l Inspirations, LLC
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Hi Sharon. I would contact Kucht regarding servicing and parts.

As a follow up - I did NOT buy a Kucht. I bought a Thor. I've only had it about 3 months now.

• aaldahir
    7 years ago

I bought KUTCH range 6months ago and every month I have a problem with it, first it come with broken igniter, then the starter brook,and still on and on..

I do not advice to buy this brand.

• aaldahir
    7 years ago

I order it from HOME DEPOT

• Scot
    7 years ago

I'm considering buying a 30" Thor gas range, but I'm concerned about replacement parts availability. Where can parts be purchased? So far I've only found one online store that has igniters... what about burners, fans, etc? I really want a nice, no-electronics nonsense range, but I'm a little leery of these no-name brands.

• PRO
    Li'l Inspirations, LLC
    7 years ago

Hi Scot, I believe the Thor comes with a 2 year warranty, at least mine does. This includes parts and service. After that, I would think you can get any parts needed directly from them or possibly online (hopefully) somewhere.

• jwvideo
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Like Hyxxion's other lines (such as the now slightly upscale NXRs), the Thor stoves use readiiy available off-the-shelf components for which generic replacements are readily available in local appliance parts warehouses as well as online sites from the likes of Amazon to Dvorson's. For things like burner and oven ignitors, valves etc., check out the NXR threads. Dunno about the fans, though; I'm guessing I can match mine (from my NXR) to a generic equivalent if I need to, but can't say I've seen anybody research that component yet.

I think service is handled by Adco and you can probably get parts through them. (I did that for my NXR when I needed some of the little silicon stand-off pads for the burner grates on my 5 year-old NXR).

Still, dealing with these aspects has to account for individual personal preferences. Some people are comfortable with DIY repairs and generic parts. Some are not. If you are not, then I would say you really do not want to buy a Thor or an NXR or a Kucht.

• Scot
    7 years ago

I'm fine with swapping out parts on my own. I just want to be sure that I CAN get parts once the inevitable happens. The ability to fix it cheap is a huge part of the reason I am looking seriously at these. I look at all the other name brand (GE, Samsung, Bosch, etc.) ranges at the big box stores and all I see are gadgety disasters waiting to happen. Seriously... wifi on a stove??? Go home Samsung... you're drunk. It seems the only ways to get around having a computer build into your appliance is to buy the cheapest, plain white one on the market, or go high-end (Wolf, Viking, etc.) These Chinese knockoffs seem to hit the sweet spot of simplicity and style, without costing a fortune. I'm glad to hear they use off the shelf components.

• John Armstrong
    7 years ago

It seems the only ways to get around having a computer build into your appliance is to buy the cheapest, plain white one on the market, or go high-end (Wolf, Viking, etc.)

I had to replace the computer on my last Viking twice. What POS that was..

• Sharon
    7 years ago

Well I ended up buying a beautiful 48" Blue Star and it is your basic workhorse range--all propane double oven with convection. No stupid wifi bull crap or computers to tell you how to cook, just a magnificent piece of craftsmanship. Now I just can't wait to put it to good use. Our house is all off grid and do not need uneccessary extra stuff to use electricity and waste energy. Not to mention its just more things to fail or break. And, at 600 lbs and 4 miles of dirt road and paying a premium to have something serviced, I really didn't want to risk going with a Kucht that didn't have a history or track record. I will post an update when I fire that baby up and cook up a storm.

• schoolhouse10
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

how has your blue star been? nice range!

And any more info/ reviews on the Thor 48" - all that you have said is what I am thinking, I want a nice 48" stove but can't afford 8-13k, but can swing a 4k. I don't want all the electronic crap that breaks... but am worried by not seeing it in person or the off name - Chinese made variable. How is yours working?

• Lauren
    6 years ago

Li'l Inspirations, LLC are you still loving your Thor? Any updates you can provide are greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

• PRO
    Li'l Inspirations, LLC
    6 years ago

@PinkPanther1004 I'm still loving my Thor range. There were a couple of hiccups but the support at Thor has been great. There was some clicking with one of the burners and they sent me a new one right away. Super easy to change out.

There is a little bit of flaking on the blue porcelain in one small area but I'm not concerned with and it doesn't affect the oven working correctly. I use the stove top and oven A LOT. The temperature in the oven keeps stable even at a low temp. I'm able to put a brisket in there at 200 for 10 hours (to make a pulled brisket) and it's great.

Hope this helps. (Sorry for my delay in responding - been super busy making custom handkerchiefs and personalized embroidered blankets.)

Happy Holidays!

• Lauren
    6 years ago

Li'l Inspirations, LLC Great to hear -- thanks so much! Happy Holidays to you too!

• Tina Devereaux
    6 years ago

Just found this thread. GREAT information, as I'm in the market and am totally interested in Thor. Thank you for your research and posting!

• John Armstrong
    6 years ago

6 months into our 36" Kucht dual fuel and no major problems to speak of. It cooks pretty hot so we find ourselves scaling down time/temp in recipes but so far so good. No computers and no failures. Will check back in at the 1 year mark.

• Kris Buell
    6 years ago

Li'l Inspirations, LLC, which model Thor did you purchase? There are several in the 30". Did you go with the dual fuel or the all-gas? Infrared broiler or standard broiler in yours? Does anyone know how to "tag" so Li'l will see it? I can't figure out how to. TY.

[Please no replies stating these are junk stoves (as I have received only such replies on other posts I have made about some of these budget stoves, and no replies that actually answered the questions I had about them) and recommending BlueStar, Wolf, etc. I am aware of and fully intend on purchasing a 36" BlueStar in the future, when we move. Where we will move to, I can only get propane, and I would want to order the range already set up for propane so as not to lose any efficiency through a conversion. Where we are currently, I can only get natural gas. A higher end range like this would simply not fit in with this older blue collar neighborhood, so I'm looking for something to hopefully satisfy me for the next couple of years that I won't cry over leaving behind.]

• Ellen Pierno
    6 years ago

Sharon, how is the Bluestar? My husband and I are deep into researching a new range and finding that it seems a service call is expected on everything we see. We’ve looked at high end and big box. We want what a simple, reliable way to put food over fire! I do cook on a wood stove in winter. We’re looking at 30” gas, and have considered Bluestar but wondering about door problems and customer service. Welcome any constructive comments/suggestions.

• Dawn Brophy
    6 years ago

I have a 17 year old DCS 36" cooktop pro - 6 burner. Three burners have rusted out and it would cost $3000 to rebuild the three. So appliance guy recommended a Wolf or Viking - but I don't want to spend $4000 to $5000 on a 6 burner cooktop ( I have a Jenn-Aire double electric oven). Looking at Jenn-Aire. Why are Thor's less expensive then say a Jenn-Aire. Would love spend under $2000 but thinking that I may have to go to $3000 for quality.

• johappy
    5 years ago

Any opinions of American Ranges? There aren’t a lot of reviews out there. I’m looking at a 36” gas convection. Dual fuel is ridiculously expensive so I’m going for a Miele steam/convection wall oven to supplement. American is also not easy to find in a show room in the northeast.

• Marybee
    5 years ago

Consumer reports just reviewed gas ranges - American was the worst rated.

• CEM TOSA
    5 years ago

Li'l Inspirations, LLC it has been almost one year since you purchased your Thor range. How do you like it? Any problems? How is it to clean? Cooktop and oven. I think I saw the oven was manual clean, is that correct. Thanks if you see this and respond!

• PRO
    Li'l Inspirations, LLC
    5 years ago

I like the simplicity of it. No extra gadgets or anything to break. This is why I chose the Thor. Simple and gets the job done. Oven - keeps the temperature where it should. Cleaning - like any other oven - it's work. The ovens that claim they are self cleaning - bologna!

• Vicky
    5 years ago

@li'linspirations, LLC - would you recommend this THOR for just the range? I am getting wall ovens but looking at thor vs zline vs GE. GE is over 2K. Zline is nice but i have read various reviews on them and not all good. Thor seems to have good reviews, all the time. What about cooking with a WOK on the range? I have read that b/c they have wide burners it does not work so well? have you ever cooked with a wok on them? TYSM!!

• PRO
    Li'l Inspirations, LLC
    5 years ago

Please see the post I just did in the other thread regarding the Thor Group Range. There are updated photos and a video. Please watch the video. In short....I do NOT recommend Thor. :(

• John Armstrong
    5 years ago

Our Kucht is about 18 months old now and I regret deeply buying it. Here is our list of problems so far, NONE HAVE BEEN FIXED BY MANUFACTURER.

1) Burners constantly click when other burners are lit. Sometimes.

2) If the stove gets up over 350 or so the gas stops flowing. If you try to light the burners for a few minutes they eventually start. Its like air gets in the line when the stove heats up.

3) Stove runs very hot. Like every recipe we subtract -25 to -50 degrees.

4) Its rusting a bit along the top

5) Under grill airflow is terrible. We cook with a cast iron plate that covers 2 burners. On my prior stove this was no problem. On this stove the air supply is exhausted and the burners click off. Its aggravating.

Just terrible quality. My last range was a viking and the electronics would go out every 18 months but the actual physical system worked well.

Can't wait to replace this stupid thing. Support is useless. You can only email them, they call you back once at an inconvenient time, leave a VM and you never hear from them again.

Stay away.

• Anne Duke
    5 years ago
    Updated reviews are great to read. Thank you for posting.
  • miatadan roy
    5 years ago

Not sure why people ever consider such low quality products such as Thor , Kucht, and NXR, Ancona, Forno , Caloric, Porter & Charles or Kenyon ? Guess there is always someone thinking that they can get good quality without paying for it ? If some of the mainstream name brands have reliability issues, there in no hope for these no name companies coming out of China.

Dan

• kramerkats
    4 years ago

This thread is SO helpful! In 5 minutes, we can all see how Lil' Inspirations experience with a Thor unfolds before our very eyes! You were off to such a positive start, and I'm so sorry for how it ended, but know you are helping many others out with your informative comments over the past 2 years. Thank you!

• andys1442
    4 years ago

Thank you to everyone that posted....dropping $$$ on big item like appliances is so nerve wracking and seeing posts several months / year out is sooooo helpful....

• Kristina Fogliani
    4 years ago

I agree! Thank you for all this information. I can now make an educated decision with the help of all these comments!

• janelletiegs
    4 years ago

This is such a great forum for learning about the various ranges from real people. Does anyone use a 48" dual fuel range they love?

• Sharon
    4 years ago

Hi all! there have been some who have asked how I like my Blue Star. I looked long at the Kucht because I wanted something economical but decided to splurge on the one item for my kitchen because I love to cook and we had to have a stove that was 'off-grid' and used little electricity. Not a bunch of bell and whistles. The Blue Star was my answer. It has been updated with new orifices and designed with the correct regulator to burn the needed BTUs and use propane instead of natural gas. The customer service at Blue Star was over the top amazing. They overnighted the new nozzles/orifices and igniter for the infrared and helped us refit the stove via live facetime! Believe it or not this was the day before Thanksgiving even. So the stove has been in service for over a year and half and I have used the heck out of it. It is amazing and better than I had hoped for. It is definitly an adjustment using an all-gas oven but convection helps with evening out temperatures. Also, as far as 'splurging' goes, I did find a great 'showroom' deal out of state with free freight. This stove had a scratch on the front bottom plate but nothing a little nail polish didn't fix. I feel I made the best decision given our need to use propane, at 7000' and being 100% off grid. With the amazing customer service of Blue Star to get all my burners running optimally I am one happy customer.

Also, for the specifics: burners are very heavy, stainless is heavy duty as well as the enameled panels, This stove is a brut. The handles are strong, igniters great so far, it has interchangeable burners with a griddle/grill. The simmer burner is amazing and is low enough to do rissoto well. It is a bigger challenge with propane as it burns a little hotter. Ovens seem to be spot on temperature-wise. All of this I am sure is the calibration of the orifices for propane and specific elevation which Blue Star set at factory before they sent the new ones. The oven racks are heavy but glide out nicely, especially the 36" oven. The burners disassemble super easy for cleaning in the sink and there's a large crumb-catching tray that slides out with SS liners that pop out for easy cleaning. All-in-all this stove will last lifetimes I believe.

• HU-371824030
    4 years ago

Don’t buy this stove. i have a 30” in a second home. hardly used. Knobs peeled, broiler igniter went, and the most recent the oven turns on by itself. a problem they are aware of!!!!! Service is horrible, a minor adjustment according to them, they will email, 3 days later,, 3 calls and many emails nothing. And they say it should not happen again????

• ssarvian
    4 years ago

don't buy which one?

• ttran0417
    4 years ago

Did anyone purchase GE Monogram gas range? If yes, how do you like it?

• HU-634547831
    3 years ago

We purchased one of the Kucht 48" dual fuel ranges about 3 years ago. We had an issue right away with the main oven being a lot hotter than the selected setting. Everything was getting burnt. Also, the igniter would constantly click for 1 of the burners. Now 1 of the burners doesn't work at all We contacted Kucht for a repair. Said someone would be in touch with us once they had it set up. We waited and waited. Nobody contacted us from Kucht so we called again. Same response. waited another 6 months and nobody showed up or contacted us. We called again. The customer rep blamed us for not contacting them over & over when he heard we'd been trying to get if fixed for almost 2 years. It was our fault they didn't show up, not theirs. So we started emailing them every couple weeks. Still nothing. They didn't even respond to our e-mails for 4-5 months. Finally got a response where they said they wouldn't cover the repairs under warranty because it had gone on too long. Again, it was our fault, not theirs. It might be a good price for a decent range, but their customer service is horrendous. I would not recommend Kucht.

• Whitney Klein
    3 years ago

@Li'l Inspirations, LLC are you still loving your Thor range? Was thinking about the Kucht, but now I am thinking maybe will go with the Thor.

• Rick Hernandez
    3 years ago

@Whitney Klein scroll up from your post and you will see an update from Li'l Inspirations. She no longer recommends Thor ranges. I too am in the market for a dual fuel and it's a lot to take in.

• Whitney Klein
    3 years ago

@Rick- thank you. I missed that one.

• lsylvester25
    3 years ago

Whitney Klein I was on the same search three years ago and considered the Thor. I ended up purchasing:
    Blomberg BGRP34520SS
    30 Inch Pro Gas Range with Convection, Power Burner, Self-Cleaning, 5 Sealed Burners, 5.7 cu. ft. Capacity, 3 Chrome Racks, Knob Lighting and Sabbath Mode

I didn’t want an electric control panel and I wanted a large oven. I love this thing.
    It doesn’t have a timer - I use the microwave timer, and it doesn’t have a temperature gauge, I can set one inside the oven.
    I haven’t used the self cleaning feature - I usually do quick wipe downs. I know one reviewer had issues with the self cleaning, but I can’t speak to that.
    I bake/cook often and I really love this stove.

• aimeekate9
    3 years ago

Sharon - thank you so much for posting about your Blue Star range. It's gorgeous!

I made the HUGE mistake about 5 years ago of purchasing a Hypotheory cooktop. Terrible craftsmanship, made in China. The company started by creating a fiction about how these stoves were Italian made and lying about how they were members of the National Kitchen and Bath Association. Then they reneged on their warranty (offered by New Leaf, but I didn't find that out until the warranty had expired) and then they just closed up shop. I suspect they are doing business now as a company named Cosmo, so others beware.

Which leads me to now, where I am looking to buy a new cook top or range to replace the Hypotheory which is literally falling apart. Lesson learned - I won't be buying ANYTHING off brand. Even if there are good reviews, because these companies pay people to write good reviews or write them themselves.

I am really leaning towards a Blue Star. I, like you, live in the country and am looking for a workhorse. I don't need the bells and whistles.

• Kat Berkery
    3 years ago

@lsylvester25 are you still liking the Blomberg? i really like the look and features of that one but there are some really stinker re views so I’m nervous!

• dolcegirl
    2 years ago

Fair warning to anyone considering a Kucht range. If you just want something to look good in the kitchen and never do anything besides boil water then this is your stove. If you actually cook, look elsewhere. In my last renovation I decided this was the house that deserved a 36" pro-style range and I thought I did my due diligence. I bought a 36" dual fuel model and it had issues, nothing major, but it was the worst performing range I've ever cooked on even after a service from the company. Then about a year and a half in the oven died. They fixed it and it died again less than a month later. After lots of back and forth they sent me a new all gas model (but wouldn't give me a warranty on it) and 6 months later the oven died. Now the company won't even answer my calls or emails. I have never been more regretful of any major purchase in my life. Also, beware the 5 start reviews you see on some sites, they come from the company and almost all are only a couple of months old so how much could they have used the thing.

• Sara Wilson
    2 years ago

@Li'l Inspirations, LLC, such a bummer after so much initial joy :( In the time since discovering the Thor issues have you found another brand you've been happy with? And @miatadan roy, what brand do you recommend? I'm struggling to find something even high end where consumers aren't complaining about the quality/replacement issues. Most threads I come across are of people lamenting over commercial grade ranges and not being able to install those due to insurance not providing coverage.

• strugglebrother
    2 years ago

Same here, we have problems with our Kucht range too... They are ignoring emails and are very hard to get on the phone for service.

• Jade Su
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

This is super helpful. I am looking at Z Line gas cooktop. I see a lot of comparison between Z Line & Thor. Anyone has experience with this brand?

• jwvideo
    2 years ago

Search engine here not working again, eh? Try this very long-running thread with hundreds of posts: https://www.houzz.com/discussions/4967444/anyone-have-a-zline-range

• Jade Su
    2 years ago

Thank you so much!