Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
48' Free-standing SS refrigerators

Posted by sub123 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 26, 12 at 12:25

Hi - What are the various 48" free-standing SS refrigerators? I checked the Sub-zero - extremely pricey. What others are out there and how has the experience been?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 48' Free-standing SS refrigerators

The SZ Pro-48 is the only 48" residential fridge that can be installed freestanding.

You can buy two 24" Euro freestanding fridges and place them side by side. The best is Liebherr.

The other option is commercial 48" fridges. They are LOUD and energy hogs. They are not designed for long term food preservation ie manage humidity levels within a very tight tolerance or manage vegetable off-gasing. They are designed to maintain temperature despite having doors opened and closed constantly. As you would in a
successful restaurant.

Traulsen is one of the better ones. Summit is one of the cheaper commerical refrigerators.

o

Thanks for the quick response.

I was googling and couldn't find that info - that is useful - I am very surprised though that there aren't more - Thanks again!

o

We have been looking at 48" side by side refrigerators that are panel-ready / integrated. I'm pretty sure they can stand alone. There weren't many options and most were in the same ballpark as the sub zero. There is a kitchen aid which was $1500 less than the Sub (so the price was still up there) and we got a quote for GE monogram that I think my husband said was even more than the sub zero.

o

We have been looking at 48" side by side refrigerators that are panel-ready / integrated. I'm pretty sure they can stand alone. There weren't many options and most were in the same ballpark as the sub zero. There is a kitchen aid which was $1500 less than the Sub (so the price was still up there) and we got a quote for GE monogram that I think my husband said was even more than the sub zero.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here