Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please Review List B4 Purchase & HOOD help

Posted by 2LittleFishies (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 1, 12 at 12:11

Hello Everyone! Hoping to place my order next week and figured I'll post for any reviews here : ) LMK, what you think, please!

COOKTOP:
Thermador 36" Induction Cooktop CIT365GM
Double Wall Oven--
Electrolux Icon 30" Double Wall Oven E30EW85GPS

Refrigerator:
Electrolux Icon 36" French Door Counter Depth 22.6 cf E23BC68JPS
& stainless trim kit (No water dispenser on door)

DISHWASHER:

Bosch SHV7ER53UC 800 Plus series
Miele Speed Oven H4080BM

*********Blower--- A bit clueless here but I think this is good for the job?
Are these wide enough for 36" induction cooktop?

Best P1952M70CMSS 800 CFM 27 9/16" wide and 11 1/4" deep
http://www.bestrangehoods.com/PDF/Specification_Sheets/BEST_P195_Spec_Sheet_99042856G.pdf

OR

Best CP351309SB 600 CFM 28 3/8" wide and 19" deep
(It's a New model has baffle filter and more commercial look. Comes with liner.)
http://www.bestrangehoods.com/store/products/productdetail.aspx?id=9531c84f-ceac-4af2-9a6a-155df3873f44

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please Review List B4 Purchase & HOOD help

Some of your appliances are similar to mine. We ordered the Thermador CIS365GB, but we would have gotten the CIT365GM if we hadn't found a great deal on the GB. My husband loved the mirrored finish on the GM, but it wasn't worth the extra $$, at least not IMO. I liked the Thermador cooktop because of the high power elements, plus it has nice controls.

We have the EL 27" single oven, EW27EW55GS. It's not installed yet, but we decided on this because it's supposed to provide very even heat. The inside is smaller than I like, but the 30" unit would have required completely disassembling and redoing the cabinets. As our cabinets are one-of-a-kind custom (the router was made specially for the doors and doesn't exist any longer) this would have been exorbitantly expensive.

We're mounting a Panasonic convection MW above the EL oven. I deliberately chose 2 separate units rather than a double oven so if one breaks (I assume it will be the MW), I can replace it independent of the other. This advice came from GW.

We have different fridge and DW. I'm still deciding on hoods, but I wouldn't go with anything less than 36" width. One distributor told us the Vent-a-hood 300cfm unit would be sufficient. I'm not so sure. There's an Ancona undercabinet unit with 900cfm which appeals. I do a lot of high-heat cooking so I want an efficient hood.

Hope this helps,
Cheryl

o

Thanks, jadeite!

There's also a larger version of the CP model. I was looking at that one as well.
http://www.bestrangehoods.com/store/products/productdetail.aspx?id=77d957ec-83c9-4627-b3b8-212530037a72

Here is a link that might be useful: Larger CP model

o

2LittleFishies - I looked at the Best hood you linked. The sones are a bit high - 12 at high speed. Have you heard this? It might be a bit noisy. OTOH you may not need to run it on high if you're not doing a lot of high-heat cooking.

The link is to the Ancona hood:

Here is a link that might be useful: Ancona hood

o

How about this Vent A Hood??? M34SLDSS
with 630 CFM blower?

Here is a link that might be useful: Vent-A-Hood M Line Series M34SLDSS

o

We have the Electrolux Icon CD fridge w/out dispenser, and we installed a trim kit! We really like the fridge, how it looks and performs and it has great capacity for its' size. We also have a second sxs in the garage and an upright freezer for overflow/entertaining.

The Icon ovens were our second choice and I think they will be great for you! We went with gaggenau double ovens...I still swoon every time I look at them...

o

2LittleFishies - the VAH should be fine. I think external blowers are quiet, and 630cfm should be enough venting.

We have installed the Thermador cooktop and Elux oven, and both are performing like champs. It's still less than 2 weeks, but so far I am thrilled.

We haven't sorted out our venting because of complications with the cabinetry and ducts, but we are leaning towards Kobe or Zephyr right now.

Cheryl

o

jadeite- which models for the kobe and zephyr?

o

jadeite-- The VAH I showed has an internal blower (not external)

o

2LF - according to the link, the VAH has an external blower.

We're considering the Zephyr Power Typhoon, and several Kobes - the CH9136, CH7936, Ch2736 and CH122SQB. DH finds the Kobe more appealing, but can't say why. All of these are rated at 720-800cfm, have the rear vent option and have baffle filters. These are our minimum requirements, which probably aren't the same as yours.

We started with our required specs, then went through the various options. There are so many, it's very confusing. We decided we wanted baffle filters which are a bit more noisy, but are easier to clean. We may be wrong in this. Rear venting was essential, otherwise we would have to go into a cabinet which was not desirable. This ruled out all VAHs with the cfm we wanted.

Hope this helps,
Cheryl

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here