Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pamells92_gw

Bosch vs Electrolux vs LG Ovens

pamells92
10 years ago

Thanks to all the posts I have narrowed my search for double wall ovens to Bosch HBL350UC, LG WD3010ST, and Electrolux EI30EW45KB. They are all priced between 1950 - 2150. Looking for QUIET, basic, oven - don't need bells and whistles. Quality also top of list. Anyone have one of these ovens that can give pro's and con's?

Comments (9)

• ginny20
    10 years ago

Wow, you can find an elux double oven for $2150 or less! That seems like a great price to me. I have the model with wave-touch controls that fade out when not in use. I'm afraid I don't know what IQ touch controls are, which is what that model has. But the gliding racks in the Elux are great. Self clean works. Very quiet. A fan continues to run after it's turned off, but I only hear it if I walk right past it. Even the convection fan is not loud.

I know people on here like the Bosch, too.

• MizLizzie
    10 years ago

I considered the Bosch and the Elux Wave-Touch versions, single oven with warming drawer. I tossed LG from the mix early on; can't recall why. The Bosch had, IMHO, a slightly retro look and I believe you had to pay extra for the ball bearing racks, whereas Elux included two standard. I settled on the Elux and so far, I love it. Everything about it is quiet and sleek. It pre-heats faster than anything I've ever owned, and the after-fan, as Ginny20 says, is very soft.

The Elux is beloved here at GW -- and for a good reason, I begin to think. That's all I know this early in the game. Good luck.

• Barbarav
    10 years ago

MizLizzie, will you share the model # of the wave oven that you purchased? There are sooo many elux ovens wave/iq, etc. I want to make sure i'm looking at the right one. I'm trying to compare the Elux with the Bosch 500 and 800. Thanks.

• caitlinmagner
    10 years ago

I've been agonizing over the range decision forever and I have ultimately decided, in large part because of this site, to go with Electrolux Icon Professional (36"). The oven is huge and has beautiful ball bearings for the racks.

• MizLizzie
    10 years ago

I have the 30" single oven with the warming drawer. Link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Wave Touch single

• Lisalovesreno
    10 years ago

I am researching double ovens. I have an LG refrigerator that will be in close proximity to my ovens so the look and style need to be consistent. I am looking at the LG LWD 3010st. I was considering Kitchen Aid but the reviews were disastrous mentioning bursting glass in several reviews during the self clean feature. Does anyone have any experience with the LG ovens? I can't find any reviews on it.

Here is a link that might be useful: LG DoubleOvens

• karle13
    10 years ago

I am in the same boat!! Now I am considering the Electrolux or the Bosch also!! Still hope ing for more advise!

• akcorcoran
    10 years ago

Hi -

Owner of the beloved Electrolux (Icon) 30" double ovens here!

I posted the link to a thread below that has more detail on the Elux ovens and some of the features of the different models.

While we haven't really explored some of the settings yet (you'll see in my posts there!,) it does a fantastic job cooking everything and I (unexpectedly) really like the controls and that they fade away when not in use - very clean look. Favorite features is the gliding racks - a different amount depending on which model you get.

With the caveat that we've only had them installed since March, we do not have a single complaint to report on our ovens.

I agonized among the different models, especially the KA Architect II set, but we went with the Elux Icon All-Fridge and All Freezer, so in the end, the combo of the rebate (yay!) and the glowing reviews sold us on the Electrolux.

Good luck!

akcorcoran

Here is a link that might be useful: Elux thread

• karle13
    10 years ago

Thank you! I am between the Electrolux wave touch or the Bosch 8650, the icon is beautiful but a little out of my price range! My concern with the Electrolux is the size, it's only 4.2where as the Bosch is 4.7