Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ice maker/ chilled water dispenser independent from fridge

Posted by Karen.1288 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 27, 12 at 12:01

I am thinking that I'm just going to get a fridge only unit for my kitchen since I'll have a full freezer in my pantry but I still want the chilled water and ice that you can only get on a fridge with a freezer. Has anyone found an option for this. I know that you can get under the sink water chillers but I just want a simple ice maker/water dispenser combo. Perhaps something that I can build in an undercabinet way.

I saw the follett 7 series but they look like over kill for what I want. This seems like it would be a more popular thing that people would want in their homes but I can't find much.

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ice maker/ chilled water dispenser independent from fridge

The 7 Series by Follett is really the cheapest version out there of what you are looking for. While the demand for specialty in-home ice makers is high the truth is that most people aren't prepared to pay the amount that they actually cost.
Pretty much all major brands of ice machine manufacturers make ice and water dispensers (i.e. Hoshizaki, Manitowoc, Scotsman, Ice-O-Matic, etc.) If you can't find anything in an undercounter application maybe consider a counter top model? That may lower your price as well.

Don't give up though. I wish I could tell you that you will find a good deal but honestly in the time that I've worked for a kitchen equipment company I have yet to see a home ice & water dispenser for less than $1000, even when it is on sale. Look for free shipping, too. Our company is always offering free shipping on ice machines so I'm sure there are other offers out there as well.

Good luck! And if you find a reasonably priced ice & water dispenser be sure to let us know, I've been wanting one of those for ever!

o
RE: ice maker/ chilled water dispenser independent from fridge

Why not just buy a cheap fridge/freezer combo with the water and ice dispenser and put that in a pantry or utility area? You can find an inexpensive fridge for under 1K easily and it will serve as "overflow" for both your fridge and freezer and consume MUCH less electricity and water than separate dedicated units.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here