Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
NXR range review... so far we love it!

Posted by staceyneil (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 28, 09 at 11:53

We purchased a Durocorp NXR DGRB3001 all-gas range for about $1800. It is a 30" with the sleeker handle and vertical knob panel. We had it converted to LPG at the factory. It was installed a few days ago and so far we are VERY happy with it.

We were looking for a high-powered range, all-gas or dual-fuel, stainless industrial look. We did not have the budget for Wolf, Viking, etc. Considered Capitol, American, Bluestar, Bertazzoni. We ruled some out when we decided we wanted sealed burners, and the Bertazzoni's oven was just way too small. We compared the Capitol and NXR side by side and much preferred the burners on the NXR, as well as the price!

It has 4x 15k BTU stacked burners, they are gorgeous. The oven interior is blue enamel, with beefy racks. Fit and finish is similar to Capitol, and less refined than Wolf, Viking, especially Bertazzoni et al. But very nice looking, solid range.

So far it has proven marvelous to cook on.

Our gas man (who works on lots of high-end ranges) was very impressed with it.

So far no problems whatsoever. For people looking for a great look and great performance without the usual high pricetag, I'd recommend considering a NXR. (Be aware that this range is actually 30" wide, not the usual 29 7/8" that regular stoves are, so plan accordingly when installing cabinetry.)

Please excuse the unfinished kitchen!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: NXR range review... so far we love it!

The metro market is now catching on to the NXR ranges, good performance no problems great price

o

Great update - I'm thinking about one for when I finally redo my kitchen.

I hope you'll post finished photos of the kitchen but in the meantime would you tell me what cabinets you have? They are beautiful.

Thanks.

o

Thanks chara ct!

My cabinets are American cherry with a natural finish (no stain). They are made by Glenwood http://www.glenwoodkitchen.com/, which is a small-ish cabinet company in Canada. I live in Maine and one of our local kitchen stores carries the line. The quality for the price is truly amazing. They also use "green" materials like no-formaldehyde glues and boards and low VOC waterbased finishes, which was important to me. I think the knobs and pulls arrive today- I can't wait!

o

I just wanted to check in with you Stacey and see if you were still happy with your purchase. I think my budget has room for stone countertops OR a Bluestar but not both. We are coming from a downdraft electric coil cooktop with only 3 working burners. Anything would probably be a big improvement!

o

Is the NXR oven gas convection or electric?

o

It's been more than two years. I'm also interested in knowing if you are still happy with the stove.

o

Cooking mama

she answered that question a few days ago here.
5th from the bottom

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/appl/msg0111540830839.html?74

Here is a link that might be useful: NXR

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here