Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ranges and cooling fans? Is our 36' Thermador working properly?

Posted by babs711 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 23, 12 at 11:36

This is our first experience with anything other than a regular 30"
range.

The other night my husband used our gas range for the first time. He baked something at 425. The fan at the back of the cooktop burners kicked on fairly quickly and stayed on for ten to fifteen minutes after he turned the oven off. It's pretty much as loud as having the vent fan on low.

Last night we baked cookies at 325. Same thing. Neither time was convection. Our instructions say the cooling fan kicks on at 425 or higher. This is the cooling fan right? Is this normal for the beefier ranges?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ranges and cooling fans? Is our 36' Thermador working properl

i have a 36" pro grand, and this is normal. as this is my first residential all gas range, it took some getting used to.
i love my range..how about you?

o
RE: Ranges and cooling fans? Is our 36' Thermador working properl

We got the ProHarmony. It's great. The cooking and baking have been fabulous. I've just never had a range make a fan noise while baking...and after so it threw me (and my husband) off. It's as loud as our exhaust fan on low. It was a surprise. I guess people who've always had pro ranges are used to it. Maybe that's why, after my extensive hours of research on ranges, this topic never surfaced. I'm glad to hear its normal. Surprised no other brand owners weighed in though. Thanks!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here