Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
48' RNB hood pairing

Posted by mpaninop (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 11, 12 at 11:33

We are building a new house and so there are a LOT of decisions to be made! I have pretty much settled on a 48" Blue Star RNB with 6 burners and a grill. And I need to think about what hood to pair with it. Any thoughts for quality and cost-effectiveness? Once upon a time I had a Vent-a-Hood and was pretty satisfied. Will want it to be wall hung, exposed and have a professional kitchen look, not a Euro look or built into any cabinetry.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 48' RNB hood pairing

Nice choice on the range!!! I love mine. I have a 48" bs similar to what you are looking for except I have a griddle as well as grill. You are going to love the grill, but it does create a lot of smoke. I have mine paired with a 54" wide by 27" deep 1200cfm vent a hood in their professional series. The professional series vent a hood keeps true to the lines of the bs and they look amazing together. I actually like the look of baffles in some of the competitors as it looks more commercial which is what I like. Some claim that scientifically the baffles will restrict some of the airflow but from real world accounts it seems like it isn't really a factor. As for performance, my vah will suck out all the smoke I throw at it with ease but it isn't quiet. The noise is my biggest complaint. I do not find cleaning it to be especially challenging as some report. Its been reliable and has done what it is supposed to do. Would I buy it again? Maybe. I would look at others as well but have no reason at all to discount a vah again.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here