Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New home appliance help...

Posted by angiebangie (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 29, 13 at 11:22

I am moving into a new build and i have to make some decions today or tomorrow. this is very last minute, as we were looking for previously owned homes but were unable to find any. I have a $5000 allowance for dishwasher (I love my Bosch 500 series but I would be willing to compromise for a quiet stainless tub unit of another brand), hood, advantium wall oven (I REALLY REALLY want this), and either a gas (propane) cooktop and electric wall oven in the same cabinet as the advantium, or a gas range. As far as the hood, I really don't know anything about them or care too much what it looks like, as long as it's stainless and can safely vent over a gas cooktop. I will stick with 30 inches on the width. I know NOTHING about gas. I've never had it or been around it. I have no idea what to look for. I like the look of the wall oven and a cooktop a little better than the look of the range, but I need to find an option that would let me keep the advantium and get a decent dishwasher. My priorities are advantium, dishwasher, convection oven, cooking surface. I think the micro space is already wired into the wall for 120v, so I think the 240 advantium is out. I want the wall oven instead of the OTR because its bigger and it looks better IMO. Also, I think I remember reading that you couldn't install the OTR advantium over a gas cooktop but I might be making that up.

The house already has the gas hookup installed, so I think that going with induction at this point will not work. I just bought a Frigidaire induction hybrid in January for our current house, and I really love it. :(. I'm sure I will be just as happy with propane, I'm just unfamiliar with it.

Help! I'm totally overwhelmed!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New home appliance help...

The Advantium is 40% of your entire budget. Do you want to eliminate it or rethink your budget.

o

Angie- I feel your pain.
I never had gas and almost went with gas but then on to induction.
Doing a cooktop and wall ovens will cost more than a range
How about sticking with a range(and spend some $$ for electrical upgrade) and keeping the Advantium.
I did do the Advantium + wall oven + cooktop and kept my current fridge and DW. On iPhone but if you search for a2gemini final reveal, you can see what I did. (Badger-feel free to post a picture:-)
PS - love my Advantium but it was expensive!

o

The hood was calculated into the cabinetry budget, so I don't have to worry about that. I'm not budging on the advantium. :).

After talking to the builder this morning, I'm going with a gas cooktop, wall oven, and probably a Bosch dishwasher. I'm more ok with going over budget by a few hundred dollars than I am with loosing the advantium. It's by far my most used appliance.

I'd love a recommendation for a decent 36 inch gas cooktop close to $1000. .

o

Kenmore Pro 36" cooktop
$1040 delivered to your door.

•9,500 BTU all purpose burner provides the extra burner needed for everyday use

•High grade stainless steel for a styled look in any kitchen

•21,000 BTU Bridge Burner offers the home gourmet a multitude of cooking options

•17,200 BTU Power Burner. Perfect for quickly boiling a large pot of water

•5,000 BTU Simmer Burner for the delicate gourmet item

•Continuous matte finish dishwasher safe grates for easy cleaning and smooth transfer of pots and pans from burner to burner

•Premium, Heavy Duty Professional Style Knob Controls

Here is a link that might be useful: Ebay LINK

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here