Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zukeypur

New home appliance help...

angiebangie
10 years ago

I am moving into a new build and i have to make some decions today or tomorrow. this is very last minute, as we were looking for previously owned homes but were unable to find any. I have a $5000 allowance for dishwasher (I love my Bosch 500 series but I would be willing to compromise for a quiet stainless tub unit of another brand), hood, advantium wall oven (I REALLY REALLY want this), and either a gas (propane) cooktop and electric wall oven in the same cabinet as the advantium, or a gas range. As far as the hood, I really don't know anything about them or care too much what it looks like, as long as it's stainless and can safely vent over a gas cooktop. I will stick with 30 inches on the width. I know NOTHING about gas. I've never had it or been around it. I have no idea what to look for. I like the look of the wall oven and a cooktop a little better than the look of the range, but I need to find an option that would let me keep the advantium and get a decent dishwasher. My priorities are advantium, dishwasher, convection oven, cooking surface. I think the micro space is already wired into the wall for 120v, so I think the 240 advantium is out. I want the wall oven instead of the OTR because its bigger and it looks better IMO. Also, I think I remember reading that you couldn't install the OTR advantium over a gas cooktop but I might be making that up.

The house already has the gas hookup installed, so I think that going with induction at this point will not work. I just bought a Frigidaire induction hybrid in January for our current house, and I really love it. :(. I'm sure I will be just as happy with propane, I'm just unfamiliar with it.

Help! I'm totally overwhelmed!!!

Comments (4)