Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fridge ice maker

Posted by a2gemini (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 11, 14 at 10:43

Yesterday, my DH comes into the great room and announces the Elux IceMaker is broken.

I open the fridge and saw the issue - the bale was up and would not go down - but could flip up even further.

I suggested we close the freezer and check on it a bit later. I opened the door about 15 minutes later and the bale was back in position. I heard it cycle a few times during the interim.

The fridge is 4 years old and I never noticed that the bale moves based on the time of the cycle.

So bottom line - nothing wrong with the fridge -just us - LOL

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fridge ice maker

Yes, of course the bail moves ... that's how it senses when the bin is full. It raises during the harvest cycle, the fresh ice dumps (under the bail), then it drops again to rest atop the ice supply. It can't drop fully down when the ice supply is accumulated sufficiently, which triggers the ice-making cycles to stop.

o
RE: Fridge ice maker

Thanks and DH says makes sense

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here