Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
DIY Miele Dishwasher Repair

Posted by Geoffrey_B (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 17, 14 at 10:41

We had a 'water intake' problem - Miele tech support trouble shooted it, and suggest I replace a component.

I was worried about pulling the DW, etc. Here's how it went:

First check to see if you have any water in the DW - a little in the sump is OK. If you have standing water - hold the start/stop button for a few seconds - this will cancel the current program. Select the rinse & hold, start the cycle - it will pump the water out. After about 15 seconds cancel - by holding the start/stop.

I was concerned that pulling the DW would be a PITA - it's not.

Don't disconnect anything, I did shut off power at the breaker, and removed the bottom rack. If your DW is screwed in along the sides remove the screws. Pull the unit out, on to a piece of cardboard. The power / water / drain lines are long enough - they don't need disconnecting. Spread out about 4 bath towels. Gently lay the unit on it's side. I'd guess the towels absorbed about 2 - 3 cups of water at the most.

The bottom cover plate is held on by four screws. Remove them, and you'll have complete access to the 'guts' of the unit. Replacing parts are straight forward.

The only tool I used was a combination screwdriver.

All in all it took me about 90 minutes for the entire repair.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: DIY Miele Dishwasher Repair

May I ask what part(s) you had to replace?
We are looking at a possible circulation pump replacement on our 12 year old Novotronic and would prefer to DIY. Not sure yet as we have a few more things to test before we go down that spendy route.

o

We had fault code F08. I replaced a diaphram switch - I believe it was the 'heater level switch' - about $80.

Did you read the fault code? Miele tech support was great about diagnosing the problem.

I figure it would be $300 - $400 to get someone out to fix it. DIY makes sense if you feel confident!

o

rima_wa do you need a service manual?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here