Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Island trim / backguard - necessary?

Posted by roanjohn (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 8, 12 at 10:34

I am about ready to purchase the Verona 36 inch gas range - but the Island trim/Backguard will make it too high and will cover a light switch. Can I opt to not install it and just keep the back low?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Island trim / backguard - necessary?

I don't know specifically about that range, but generally the island trim is only a few inches high and is where the oven vents out of. You need to check with Verona about whether it is required or not. By the way, having a light switch directly behind the range sounds like a really bad idea.

o

.........was thinking about that. But my significant other "INSISTED" on having it there for easy access because it is right next to the doorway leading to the porch! ARGGHH!

I saw the installation manual for the range and the back has grills (for venting) before the trim is installed - so I'm thinking it is more decorative.

Link below on range:

http://reviews.ajmadison.com/7421/VEFSGG365/verona-36-freestanding-gas-range-vefsgg365-reviews/reviews.htm

o

OK - I looked at the installation manual and you have two options - the backguard which is 8" high (that's what's shown in the picture on the AJ Madison web page), and the island trim which is only 3" high. Obviously in your case, you'd want the island trim not the backguard. The web page says island trim optional - which probably means that it has to be ordered as an extra.

By the way, you really should check your local building code about putting the light switch there. Despite what you SO wants, it may well be against code.

o
one more thing

fyi - figures 1.8 and 1.9 show how to install the backguard and the island trim and states that installing one or the other is mandatory.

o

Hello. RangeGalNY here direct from EuroChef USA.
The 8" backguard is required if installing the range against a combustible wall.
If you have additional questions give our team a call at 866.844.6566
Good luck!
-EuroChef USA

o

I would caution against purchasing a Verona. They do not appear to stand behind their products.

http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/711841

See the review here too

http://www.vintagetub.com/asp/product_detail.asp?item_no=VEFSGG365DSS

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here