Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Appliances ordered!

Posted by cottonpenny (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 3, 12 at 10:17

Finally! Hate to think what I would have ended up with if I hadn't found GW.

We got:

Bluestar RGTNB366BV1 6 burner rangetop

Electrolux EW30EW65GS 30" Wavetouch double ovens

Kitchenaid Architect Series II KB36FT 36" built-in fridge

Bosch 800 plus SHX7ER5 custom panel dishwasher

Sharp KB6524P drawer microwave

Modernaire PS2630-342 42" wide, 30" high, 1200 cfm internal blower

The fridge is a floor model and the only way I could justify built-in prices since it wasn't that much more than the french door counter depth units we were considering. A bit nervous reading the disaster stories w floor models lately...Hopefully all will be well though.

The Modernaire was obviously a bit of a splurge but I'm super excited about it...If we ever move it might come with me ;-)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Appliances ordered!

Looks good to me, alto my wife makes me "Gas Outside" on the DCS 2 burner "ragin' flame" we have out on the patio.

Inside we have an Elux Icon Induction cooktop, we're older and to dern lazy to clean a gas stove/range---come to think of it,
that outside DCS is due for a cleaning, ---- Perhaps you would like to get some experience cleaning a gas appliance??????
Ya I didn't think so!!!! any wayyyyyy-----

nice choices, I hope you enjoy them as much as we do ours, even after more than 5 years now, I know you will love the Elux ovens, as we have the single and it is spot on temp wise and trouble free all these year.

Gary

o

I have a KA built-in fridge KBLC36FT. I scored mine on eBay for a great deal--the only way I could have afforded a built-in. It's been six months of fridge enjoyment. My Wolf ovens are floor models and both units have been trouble-free. Good luck with your new kitchen!

o

Glad to hear you like the fridge, Breezy! I'm sure anything will be an upgrade since I've only ever had 30" top freezers in the past.

o

hi Cottonpenny -
I saw your post and you selected many of the same appliances I am considering. I am trying to choose between the Bluestar and Wolf and Thermador rangetops - please tell me your opinion of the Bluestar Rangetop you got - I am worried that it will be too difficult to clean, since the grates appear to be individual 3 pieces each to remove ? are you happy with the blue star ? I would also like to know if you are happy with the Electrolux double oven and the drawer microwave - they are also on my short list. Sorry for all the questions - Thanks in advance for you help

o

The BS is a two piece grate and 1 piece burner.

The Wolf and Thermador are 1 piece grate and two piece burner, the burner cap and the actual burner.

The only time the sealed burners are easier to clean is if get a medium sized spill that is only on the burner cap, like in their advertisements. You clean with one wipe. How often does that happen? Almost never? Otherwise they a different to clean not easier.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cleaning BS Youtube Vid

o

I have had my range top, exact same model as in the OP message, and love it. It is so easy to clean up and the link that Deeageaux put up show exactly just how easy it is. I don't ever want to go back to a sealed burner, i never liked them before I had the BS, now I hate sealed burners with a passion. I am not saying BS in the only option, but I am sure happy with ours.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here