Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can 36" BlueStar RNB + hood be on same circuit?

Posted by khallock (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 6, 13 at 10:03

The title says it all. Can we put the range and the range hood on the same circuit?

Ugh. Nevermind. I thought I had read that it needed to be on its own circuit. But it doesnt say that. it says it shouldnt be on a circuit with a microwave oven. So it seems like having the range + hood on a circuit together is fine, right?

This post was edited by khallock on Thu, Jun 6, 13 at 10:07

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can 36" BlueStar RNB + hood be on same circuit?

I have a Viking gas range and remote exauster on the same circuit. I'm sure it's nowhere near 15 amps.

o

The BS guidance used to be that the range needed to be on a dedicated circuit. The idea was to prevent the igniters from randomly sparking due to electrical noise (also an issue if fluorescent lights on same circuit, IIRC). That was more the issue than the load on the circuit. Don't know if that's still the case.

If at all possible, I'd do it to be safe.

o

Gas ranges don't take much electricity.... only when ignitors are lighting the gas. The glow plug in the oven probably pulls more electricity- again only for a minute or two.

o

Sorry- I wasn't clear. I'm definitely not concerned about the load on the circuit. I'm not sure if they still want the dedicated circuit to prevent random sparking. I'd still do it, though.

o

When I spoke to them, they only cared about the polarity at the outlet.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here