Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
For those who cannot vent outside

Posted by EATREALFOOD (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 6, 12 at 9:34

Please tell me what 30" gas freestanding range you bought. Are you happy with it or do you regret the choice ?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: For those who cannot vent outside

Although I am not in your predicament, just in case Rococo Girl doesn't see this thread, I remember that she once posted a picture from her kitchen in NYC. She couldn't vent outside at all. She had a Bertazzoni 30" gas stove which see seemed quite fond of. It certainly looked great in the pics and I think it worked out really well for her. Hopefully if she sees this thread she will chime in and correct me if I am wrong about it.

o

Thanks.
I read many posts but few followups.I'd like to know if people enjoyed their ranges regardless of heat output/smoke or lower BTU's.

o

Thanks.
I read many posts but few followups.I'd like to know if people enjoyed their ranges regardless of heat output/smoke or lower BTU's.

o

I have a high BTU Bluestar used in an apartment without any venting and truthfully, it works fine unless you're searing fatty meats, or cooking bacon. Then I open a window, or use the oven broiler which consumes the smoke (actually burns the smoke).

o

I was in an apartment that had a stove and hood that wasn't vented outside. It was fine most of the time. the kitchen was small and there was a dining room but the kitchen got pretty hot in the summer if you used the oven. it was on a second floor too. I am now in a different apartment in the same building now the 1st floor and there is a vent to the outside so its better for sure but you can live with out. The tenant that I have it rented too now don't seem to mind it.

o

Mike,
If you kow what kind of range you had on the 2d floor, let us know - and width.

o

alexr--Exact;y the info I wanted ! But based on comments on other threads I'm worried think the BS may be too powerful. I would only be searing meat once a week but I do use a wok frequently.

I want to hear from others about ALL brands of GAS RANGES: Bosch, GE profile/Cafe, Verona, Berta, both pro and NON-pro.

o

Vent-a-Hood has a new model for ductless venting. But 70% if the btus of a gas cooktop is waste heat transferred to your room. An induction range like a GE or Electrolux does not create that added heat.

Here is a link that might be useful: Vent-a-Hood

o

Ditto the above. If you are in a no-vent situation, gas seems like a poor choice.

o

Some people may consider gas a poor choice if you cannot vent outside however it is considered the norm in apartments near me.
Also I didn't put in a separate 50amp circuit for induction since I had planned on a gas range. If the next person who lives here wants induction so badly they can pay an electrician for the 50amps.
I would like opinions about gas ranges that people are using in a non-vent situation not a critique of gas v. induction....

o
BERTA thread

I found this thread that others might find useful...considering the Berta when I have enough money saved up...

Here is a link that might be useful: Berta Thread #3

o

Yebo - it was a gas Frigidaire 30" model. not sure what model it was but it was a 4 burner and a newer model that had the power and simmer burner on top, also stainless steel and self clean too. I had a recirculating hood over it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here