Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I Used the Chicken Nuggets Button

Posted by saw50st8 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 5, 12 at 9:19

When I started researching my appliances, I remember reading about the "dreaded" chicken nuggets button. We don't serve them often so it seemed like a waste to me, but I wasn't bothered by its presence.

We purchased the Frigidaire Gallery FGET3065K.

I defrosted chicken breast to cook, but when I was ready to actually make it, it was slightly frozen. So I egged and breaded my cutlets, put them in the pan and then stood at the oven debating what to do. I decided to try the chicken nuggets button since it was equipped to handle frozen to hot foods.

I went to give my kids a bath. Things took longer than I thought they would. By the time we came down to eat, the chicken had finished and the keep warm setting turned on.

The chicken was moist and delicious on the inside, crispy goodness on the outside.

Score!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I Used the Chicken Nuggets Button

LOL!! Thanks for making my morning! This is sooo much more fun than figuring out what to do about refrigerators, which is the real reason I'm on this forum...

o

Thanks for your posting. It now gives me the courage to try the infamous chicken nugget setting!

o

Convection roast and bake have something to do with the broiler element cycling on and off for differing parts of their respective cooking times in addition to other elements. Don't remember if other parameters get to play a part. Some stoves have a visual on the control panel to highlight the action.

o

saw50st8: Wow, that's great.

GW admins: please delete user "saw50st8" immediately.

Just kidding :)

o

LOL, thanks for the laugh! It's sort of like that "Perfect Turkey" button on my oven. I was almost embarrassed to push it, but it actually does work pretty good. You never know.

Cj

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here