Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amharris

Help! Need appliance package for in-laws!

Anne Harris
10 years ago

Hi everyone. Hoping you can help me. My in-laws are about to put their house on the market and move to a retirement community with assisted living available as they age. They are going to get a 2 BR unit that has a small, but full service kitchen. We want to help them redo the kitchen--they are moving out of a very nice home, and while the condo is nice, the kitchen is ugly. This is obviously a big decision, and fraught with emotions. They are ready to make the move--but are a bit overwhelmed right now.

FIL is conservative and is worried about $. MIL knows that if they don't do the kitchen now it likely will never happen (after 55 years of marriage she knows how the "we'll get to it" thing goes!). Money really isn't a problem for them (and we will happily foot the bill if it becomes one--we just want them to have a place that is similar in style/quality they currently have. )

Anyway...DH and I can build and intall cabinets, and they won't be very expensive because the kitchen is small. What I am wondering is if anyone can recommend an appliance package for the kitchen. We would need:

- Counter depth fridge
- Electric cooktop (maybe induction)
- DW
- Sink
- Oven
- MW

They won't be doing as much cooking as in the past, so appliances don't need to be workhorses--just good, functional, reliable.

We haven't set a budget--but not thinking that subzero, thermador, bosch, etc. are needed!

Any ideas welcome! Thanks, Anne

This post was edited by Anne2326 on Wed, Jun 12, 13 at 8:55

Comments (2)