Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eriley99

Electrolux slide-in range installation problem- anyone else?

eriley99
14 years ago

So we came to the end of our total kitchen reno- new floors, cabinets, granite counters and appliances. The last thing in was our sparkling new electrolux slide-in gas range. And the darned thing doesn't sit down all the way. It sits about the counters by about 1/4" (vertical gap btwn the counters and the lip/sides). If they lower the legs then the warming drawer wont open.

The contractor called electrolux which said I might need to buy a trim kit for another $150. The cabinets were built to a standard height, the granite is a standard thickness so I can't figure out why the darned thing doesn't fit without forking over more $$.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

Comments (5)

• User
    14 years ago

What is the overall height of your cabinet/countertops? Standard height is 36" from the finished floor.

• eriley99
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I just measured and ours is 35.5-35.75. So did our contractor screw up? We have standard cabinets with granite on top so I'm not sure where the extra 1/4" would come from.

• macybaby
    14 years ago

Did the floor go down before or after the cabinets? We had a similar issue, but had a regular range so it didn't matter.

There was a problem getting the laminate floor, so the cabinets were put in first and then the floor was put in after. The floor went into the opening for the fridge and range, so that actually caused the top of the cabinets to be 1/4" lower then the top of the range. It did make it more difficult to get the dishwarer in, as it had to slide back and drop off the flooring. We had to sort of lift on the counter to get it in (was on an end and laminate so this worked).

We bought a modular home, and it came standard with linolium, which would not have caused this problem. I don't think the builder even thought about mounting the cabinets different because we were getting different flooring. The house was set on the foundation before the kitchen flooring was installed, and the cabinets were already mounted.

Cathy

• lschlossberg
    14 years ago

Same problem. Just had counters put in yesterday. Went to lower my new stove (2 weeks old) and it won't lower any further. Installers never told me it was at the lowest setting. The were supposed to keep it high off of my old counters so that we could install new counters and then lower the stove. My counters are at 35 1/4 " because I have a floor that was installed over existing flooring. I didn't know this until today. The appliance place told me today that the stove won't go any lower. I can't take feet off or the bottom drawer won't open and it still wouldn't lower it enough. It sits 3/4" higher than the counters. This looks ridiculous since it sits so high off of the counter. I would never have bought this stove. I thought of everything before the new counters came. I had to level my dishwasher and put flooring under it since the floor was built around it. I've done so much to prepare for the counters. I am disgusted. The appliance store recommended that I have a U shaped granite filler cut to go around the sides and back so it will sit flush to something. This U shaped piece would sit on top of my new counter top. I think it is going to look ridiculous. I have my counter top company looking into some ideas. Any other thoughts?

• kaffine
    14 years ago

Any possibilties of putting a spacer like 3/4 inch plywood between the cabinets and the counter tops. That might work if the countertop has built up edge if it doesn't then you might see the 3/4 inch spacer that you used.