Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Newer Bosch American Made 3rd Rack Models

Posted by nerdyshopper (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 22, 14 at 8:20

Can anyone tell me how to discover which models are the new deeper 3rd rack models. I can't tell if the 899+ models are all German made or what from the Bosch site. There is no mention of added depth in the descriptions I read there.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Newer Bosch American Made 3rd Rack Models

If you search for Made in Germany on Bosch's homepage, it'll list you the

SHE9PT55UC
SHV9PT53UC
SHX9PT55UC
SHX9PT75UC

All of the above models are listed as 22 7/16" in depth as opposed to some models, which are 23 3/4" deep.

Alex

o

Download the brochure, it has all the information in it. Seems that only the four German models have the shorter (European) tub - and some Special Application units.

http://www.bosch-home.com/Files/Bosch/Us/us_en/2011/Documents/Brochures/2014-Dish.pdf

o

I believe it's the Benchmark Series only ?
I do recall some models in the 800 series as well

The tub size should be a tell-tale sign though - euro vs. non euro depth

o

Thanks for the tips and address. It looks like the Benchmark SHE8 models are all deep, but they lack the flexibility of the top of the line models when it comes to flip tines. Thus, for washing large items I wonder if they would lack the capacity of the top ones. In another thread I read mixed impressions about the loading of the Bosch models some hating them and others having no problems. Could the tines be the reason?

o

That's a subjective question on loading...

I have 2 KA Architect Series - Circa 7-8 years old in my office. I find them TONS easier to load then the Miele I have at home.

o

I posted a couple of upper rack pictures over in this thread. My Bosch is a German model (obviously). It's reply #3.

Alex

Here is a link that might be useful: Upper rack loaded

o

I used your link to get to that site and check dimensions and descriptions of the various models. The expensive German made 9 series machines had more rows of flip tines and more options for which parts of a shelf had them. I will have to get to a dealer and see what the concerns are. I didn't want to get into the most expensive lines just to get larger items in. We use about half the lower shelf space for pots pans and other large items on our aging Maytag. From what I have read about Whirlpool made stuff on these forums I was hoping to use one of the German made ones near to bottom of their line which are affordable to me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here